ZBrushCentral

Normal Maps: Can ZBrush create SEAMLESSLY TILING normal maps?

Yes. This is particularly useful in game development, where you might wish to apply normal mapping to flat surfaces such as walls. Paint on the depth-enabled canvas the same way that you would create a seamless texture. After you have finished painting the depth, switch to the Simple Brush, Alpha 00 and set M active with Zadd turned off in the Draw palette. Load the Normal Mapping material that is supplied with ZBrush and paint it on the canvas. Now use Texture>GrabDoc to capture your normal map. The apple tutorial in Projection Master shows how to create seamless textures. You can do a quick test of this technique by running that tutorial and then converting the finished scene to a normal map.

Hi, Anybody out there exporting normal maps?
I did this mesh in high detail and want to see the same amount of detail in my 3ds max as I do in zbrush, after export.

However, there’s all these funny, weird levers to fiddle with, like inflat high res bump detail, etc. Then the tags go this way then that way. Would anyone out there know what the best or most accurate settings for export into 3dsmax would be?
A print screen of the details would suffice nicely.

Thank you.

You can become your VIP easily, and you will get very cheap wow gold. Ugamegold is the service provider operating the world’s network of buying and selling sites for massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) virtual currency, in-game assets and leveling services on the Internet. Ugamegold is a company that has devoted to serve the needs of the MMOG community. Our target is to make you get better experience in virtual world and enjoy your game life. We are entirely devoted to enhancing the online gaming experience by providing a service that adds to the enjoyment of gamers’ online adventures everyday. Ugamegold has built its reputation based on competitive pricing, fast transactions as well as reliable and 24-hour customer service.Our customer representatives supply healthy, secure guidance for your inquiries step by step. Ugamegold.com is a big family.We are a group of young people, we share a common love and interest, we also share a common faith. Just want like us gamers in the game receive the best gaming experience.Say again:Welcome!

Hi David.

Just to confirm that this is what one does. This is basically what I do. So far…
I model a let’s say, human in high poly. I do the UV unwrap. Paint the textures in Photoshop. Textures done. I check it out in max/maya. Looks good so far. I export the obj file to zbrush for detail work. Then I do the detail on the mesh, with texture map switched on as guids. Now I render out normal map. Flip it vertically (violet in colour). Export back into maya.

Now, I don’t know if that’s how it’s done but I now take the High Poly mesh and start to simplify it to a low poly mesh, by dragging the vertices into other vertices, until I get the right budget target.
Problem: I have to redrag all the uv cohordinates back again. Is that how you do it?

Thanks for the help.:smiley: