ZBrushCentral

NEWBIE CHALLENGE RETURNS ! #3 Eyes

Thanks Suzana! I plan a mechanical iris ‘blinking’ and the eye randomly searching around while emiting typical bzzz bzzzz sounds :D. Relatively simple. Just have to start on it again. Also more electronic parts on the circuit board would make it look a little bit more interesting. And maybe a tad more structure instead of a plain green surface. A weekend project…
Maybe I redo the whole eye with the fantastic alpha’s provided here.
There we go… a new project… hahaha

LemonNado

PS:Sad thing to loose an iris ;-).

That’s real nice, Ping’s Fine Art. Can I call you Ping? In fact, it looks fabulous.

I’ve got stuff hidden all over my hard drives too. My folder structure always seems totally logical right up to the moment I try to find something. Always a surprise lurking round every corner.
I heaped praise on Lemonnado’s ID card first time I saw it in an earlier challenge. So this time it gets a nod and an appreciatory “Yup … still looking good”. :lol:

I love your render Ping. Excellent.Too bad the original is AWOL.
Lemonato - maybe you could call it “Eye-Contact” !!

When do we start a similar thread with other organs? (just kidding)

How did u obtained this rectangular specular?

Is it painted?
Nice rendering…

ahhhh logical folder structures if they are anything like mine moochie mensa would have a job finding stuff cuz i sure as hell can’t :rolleyes:

Soon, actually. We’re going to do ‘adding eyes to a head and creating nice fitting eyelids’ in the next challenge, followed by (not nec in this order) low poly heads, nose and lips, ears, teeth and tongue, neck and shoulder ‘landmarks’ (muscles and bones), pores and skin imperfections, skin textures and shaders, and hair. And anything else we need to create a final bust. Eeeek … what have I let myself in for?

Heh heh … cool animation, Andreseloy! Thank YOU, and sorry for ruining your ZScript interface.

Excellent Moochie! Any way you can get the other threads running alongside this one? I’m eager to learn. And this is turning out gems.

Hi all,

First off, Moochie, my wife wants me to let you know you are evil:) I spent the entire afternoon and evening at work on this instead of working. Your veins are great! I have not tackled that yet.

I started out with with Pixolators “Quick Eyez” and found it was just not enough detail or realism for me. Then I did a crop and fill of the texture and pulled out the Wacom. With some experiments I found a series of strokes that gave fairly good results. Then I painted out the seam in Projection Master with the clone brush. All in all a great exercise. Forced me to learn how to use many of the painting tools and how to work with textures. I’m including a desaturated version as it shows the strokes better I think. I think with a little practice the iris’s could be quite quick to produce. What I need now is to figure out how to make the eye in multiple parts and add a lens etc…
first eye color.jpg

Attachments

first eye bw.jpg

Some really great eyes being created here…very cool!

Hey MTB …what size doc were you using when you created your scripts? They aren’t working too well for me whether I initialize or not. Most of your work appears to be being done “off camera” so its kinda hard to follow. Any heads up will be great.

I’d like to make a suggestion for anyone who is thinking about creating a script to share in a newbie thread…and that would be to create it in the default Zbrush canvas mode. That way folks with various computer set ups as some may not be able to work with docs above 1600 or something and if we all do things the same way we know they will work for everyone. Or maybe mention what your doc size is so we can match it or know in advance…either way …just a thought.

Well, I got ZBrush a few days ago and have done little else but play with it obsessively. It’s an outstanding program and I am loving it totally. I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time browsing ZBC and I am amazed at the wealth of info available here. I’ve been playing at eyes since yesterday so this challenge couldn’t have come at a better time. So I might as well jump in and start participating, although I am a little intimidated by the collective amount of talent on display around here. :wink: Thanks. Moochie, for the challenge and the script. My green eyes (Sure hope I’m posting this right!):

[ATT=]GEyeF.jpg[/ATT]
[ATT=]GEyeS.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

GEyeF.jpg

GEyeS.jpg

hey hey, Good tuit. Pretty quick tho, kind of hard to follow. would have been a bit lost without the forum writeup. Here is my ‘evil’ red eye. EYE.JPG

mmm, I haven’t got the hang of rendering yet. Can anyone give me any tips on that?

Blaine91555 … your wife is correct. I am evil wicked dude. Your eyes rock … blood vessels are easy, but take a bit of patience. You made a great start.

Rachael … in the ZScript palette you can click on ‘Show Actions’ before you load the script, as well as ‘Repeat Delay’ and increase the delay setting in the slider below that. That slows everything down a touch. You could also click ‘& Notes’, but you’ll get sick of hitting Enter to clear the notes after a while!

Rendering is a big ol’ subject in itself, but the following settings give predictably good results: default settings plus Blur 15% (in Antialiasing sub palette), SoftZ, SoftRGB and Shadows all on, make sure you’re in AAHalf mode (rather than full screen) and render Best. You did good … the eye is very nice. Good to see a new face taking part.

aminuts … yeh … good points about zscripts. Thanks.

nice eyes.

Was thinking, painting eyes can take a bit of time and all in all look pretty similar bar the colour variation and a few marks.

So, is it possible to record a script creating the eye, but at appropriate times in the process allow for colour selection? This way I can find the process I’m happy with, record it and then create colour variations rapidly. A few extra paint strokes at the end for added variation and , voila!

Just a thought … and should possibly be posted in the script bit where the zsc guru’s live :wink:

El-d

You can always export your texture to PS, change it, and import it back. Or even change it in ZB itself (Texture > Fill Layer). You may get some odd things happening, though … I sometimes find white toyplastic can turn grey when the texture is spread out. I’m probably missing a setting somewhere.

Not sure you can interrupt a ZScript to make alterations on the fly, only for it to recommence. The script dudes are certainly the ones to ask.

Moochie,
I was having the same problem with the white. Everytime I did a crop and fill everything, not just the white turned darker (greyer). I realized it was the diffuse setting. Set it to 100% diffuse and that seems to solve the problem for me.

…make your script on 640/480 canvas for the poor Demo users :wink:
Pilou

That would be a 2.0 demo user would it, Frenchy?! Heh heh … do you like your new toy? Good point, though. I hear and will obey.

Well spotted Blaine (insert numbers here). I’ll go give that a try. Cheers!

Ooo … I didn’t spot LeeJay’s post on the previous page. That’s a great green eye! Cool. And your first post too. Welcome to the madness! :stuck_out_tongue:

lil addition to the peepers page :slight_smile:

Heh heh … Love it, Cosmic! :+1: