ZBrushCentral

New plugins: Alpha & Texture Loaders (updated 11/11/2008)

bneall,
There shouldn’t be any problem with Projection Master, or any other script/plugin. The way ZBrush handles plugins only one can be loaded at one time (and PM keeps a tab on its state). What I supect is happening on your system is the update alpha/texture feature is affecting things. It has been noted before (by Svengali among others) that this can kick in at unexpected and unwanted times, freezing ZBrush and unfortunately there’s no way of switching it off. Do you get a message in the NoteBar along the lines of ‘updating alpha modified outside ZBrush’? If this is the case, all I can suggest is that you avoid minimizing ZBrush while working with textures or alphas as in my experience that can trigger the thing.

davidT,
If you successfully added images from your network to the loader but can’t retrieve them at a later time then I think it is most likely a network problem. The thumbnails are on your local machine and so will load OK.

Yea it’s some network thing. I am using xp home but usually it works fine. This has been the only problem that I’ve had…oh well, it mostly works…:smiley:

Marcus… thanks for posting this awesome tool… it is most useful.:+1: :+1: :+1: I have a question though when I load in the .psds in, Zbrush appears to be also generating a Zdepth Grab for each file? They appear beside the thumb in the alpha editor. Any one else have this prob?

S

Hi skipstah,

This is just part of the thumbnail generation. (If your’re interested, the plugin uses the MRGBgrabber tool to grab a small version of the texture or alpha which is then exported as the thumbnail. As the MRGBgrabber also grabs the zdepth, that ends up in the Alpha palette.) There’s no need to worry about it except after adding about 200 files to a loader it is best to restart ZBrush before adding more so that the cache is cleared. This only happens when the plugins are generating thumbnails.

:lol: Many thanks MArcus … that solved it !

S

I have been away for a while but I just had to add… excellent work Mark. Thank you very much for a very useful zplugin :+1:

This is a “I can’t believe I wasn’t using something like this before” type of script. Zbrush would benefit from including something just like this as part of the standard! Great work marcus… now… would you be willing to share your great textures and alphas with us :slight_smile:

i agree with invisible genie…can you share your alphas and textures plz?

hey guys…a search on either alphas or textures should turn up a ton of links for you here…the poor guy put enuf time putting those together (thanks again Marcus (nuts bowing fantically…mumbling not worthy not worthy) !!) so it’s our turn to do the work and find the goodies to fill em up.

I would suggest checking out the challenges forum there was an alpha challenge, also check out the community forum as about a zillion links can be found there to textures etc for starters.

remember you can also create your own in zbrush so get busy and create some…it’s lots of fun and gives you the ultimate control over them too!

Does anyone want to share their textures/materials/alphas possibly in zip files for Zbrushers to download and experiment with? I am sure we could all benefit from sharing of ones we enjoy using. “Any private ones can of course be withheld!” Great work marcus.:+1:

Thanks for the comments guys. :slight_smile:

If you search the forum you’ll find that many people have shared their texture/alphas/materials. For example, for materials search for jantim’s as his are quite simply wonderful.

Some time I may share some of mine but at the moment the collection is rather sparse. The picture at the start of this thread is a comp to demonstrate the plugins and doesn’t reflect the true state of my alpha/texture libraries! :o

:eek: thanks! very useful

Marcus, you honestly had me fooled! I saw your example and was immediately wishing I had all those cool neato textures, but sometimes appearances can be deceiving! I understand what you mean by compilation… Wouldn’t it be great to have a very solid collection of both materials and textures in addition to the ones that come by default! I sure think so.
Thank you for the quick reply and as always, the great plugins.

I´d like to thank you all coders for sharing your fantastic scripts! You really make ZBrush rock.
Needless to say ZBrush 2 is the best and with your scripts it goes far beyond…

For all Zbrushers Happy New Year!

All the best:
Miken72 :smiley:

Super nice. Thanks!!!

Thanks , save many people ~

Hi.
I’m new to zbrush but after i loaded up this plugin and added those alphas i’ve got smth like this: (it’s makin’ a thumbnail then it’s adding the same number of white squares,how can i get rid of them?)

Attachments

zbrush.jpg

Hi q3aki1,

That’s just part of the thumbnail creation process. It only happens when you add files to the browser and all you need to do is restart ZBrush for the extra alphas to disappear.

:smiley: this plugin rocks much better then the one from gnomon had problmes with dirs with the gnomon one this one works perfect :+1:

Marcus you are the Genius Man!!! Besides Artist, this plugins saves you so much time and you can see the thumbnails!!! Aren’t you working for the zb team??? You should, you should hehe. Really thanks for the plugin, installed and is working nicely. Now I can organize my files in a much better way and organized, with few clicks away only! Cool! Really cool! Again, Thank you.