ZBrushCentral

New plugins: Alpha & Texture Loaders (updated 11/11/2008)

Great!!! I’ll offer 200 cappuccino for this :smiley:

-TOXE

Fantastic work. :slight_smile:

PS. How’s the old identity bearing up?

Thank you!:+1: :+1: :+1:

This is really excellent Marcus! thanks a bunch for all your hard work
and attention to detail :+1: :+1:

Chris

MC you da man…:smiley:

I agree with Ryan, you are my hero too.

Thanks a lot Marcus, you´re the best

Although simple, this is an amazing plug-in that plugs a gap in my Z workflow that had been bugging me for ages.
You are a hero!!

Tolu Abisola
Baby Dragon & Metahuman WIP
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=25203
Cardassian Woman
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthrea…ardassian+woman
Harpie
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=28783
Barbarian & Commando
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=30272

Thanks for the comments guys, they are much appreciated. :slight_smile:

One thing I forget to mention in the Instructions: if you’ve pressed a button and are not sure what’s happening, check the NoteBar. There’s generally a message there when you’ve pressed a button. For example, when you’re adding an image to Favorites it will say ‘Alpha blahblah added to Favorites’; or if you’re loading alphas with the browser pinned open it will say ‘Alpha blahblah loaded.’

Sven: thanks and thanks for the great tip on positioning the buttons.

TOXE: 200 capuccinos? Blimey, not in one sitting I hope. :wink:

Antimorph: yeah, I need to check the mirror to see which hat [cape?!] I’m wearing. :smiley:

Cheers,

Thank you so much Marcus, for taking the time to save us time.

Word.

Can we have more tabs please, I’ve filled it up already…:confused:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:D

Sorta bug found. If I load a bunch of textures and it includes just one incompatible texture, I get the error message as you say. However, I’ve found that the ‘bad’ texture will still load as a thumbnail. And then I’ve no way of deleting it, except by clearing out the whole of that tabbed section. I know I should be more careful and go through each texture first in my graphics prog, resaving as necessary. But thought I’d mention it in case it hasn’t been spotted before.

Awesome plug in, though.

moochie…you can delete it by selecting the magnifying glass then clicking on the x in the left hand corner.
It works for me so I reckon it should work for you but have been wrong before.:smiley:

aminuts … unfortunately not. If I click the magnifying glass on a thumbnail for an unsupported graphic type, I just get the error message and the window disappears as if I’d selected the texture for use. When I reopen the selection window, the previous graphic is still in the large preview pane, and the corrupt thumbnail is still where it was before. Only way to get rid of it is to clear the entire tab and start over. Not the end of the world, but I’ve had some ordinary jpgs fail to load (though they’ve been ok after I’ve resaved them within Paintshop Pro).

All that’s needed, I think, is a ‘Delete last thumbnail’ button at the bottom, as the corrupt thumb is always the last one that has been added to the collection. Or the ability to right click > delete on an offending thumb. No biggie.

are you on a mac or pc? It’s weird that I can delete em and you can’t but it’s weird that one minute it was 65 degrees outside then half hour later it was 40 degrees…I hate winter…and it isn’t even here yet…arrghhhhhhbrrrrr.

Moochie,
I’ve no idea why you can’t delete the thumbnail as aminuts describes, unless you’re using a Mac and they respond to the script differently - unfortunately I’ve not got access to a Mac and so can’t test the script.
You should be able to click on the Magnify button for a thumbnail without the script exiting. If there’s a bad image it simply shows in the large window as a red triangle with a ‘?’ in it. Clicking on the ‘X’ at bottom left should delete the entry.

I will bear in mind your suggestion for when I update the script. In the meantime there is an alternative method you might try:

First you need to find the bad file and rename it. Renaming will mean the loader can’t find the file so won’t try to load it. (You may be able to find the bad file from the ZBrush Import image button. Highlight single files in turn - if the gray ZB logo shows that will most likely be your bad file.)

Launch the Loader and press the Magnify button for the bad thumbnail. Hopefully this time you’ll get the red triangle and will be able to delete the entry using the ‘X’ button.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I am of the PC persuasion.

I’ll try your suggestion, Marcus, if it happens again. Since loading a whole bunch of textures willy, indeed, nilly, I’ve found it way better to spend some time first getting the textures all nice and square, with any unwanted bits edited out. So I’ll be resaving them anyway.

I have to say that this plug-in has dramatically increased the speed at which I can work. Thank you again … the spontaneity it allows when texturing is a total dream.

Moochie,
I’m interested that you use a PC as I’ve not had the behaviour you describe in my testing. It looks like another example of something Digits once mentioned he thought happened - that different setups respond to zscripts in slightly different ways.

Anyway, I’m glad you’re finding the plugin useful, and when I get round to updating it I will see if I can improve the way it handles problem files.

Buckie,
Thanks for your suggestion of more tabs. I will also see what can be done when I update the plugin - though I’m afraid I don’t expect that will be for a while.

Cheers,

this is a great script, but seems to have alot of issues with zplugins, especially projection master, one or the other will crash when used together 80% of the time (throwing errors, and often locking me into projection master, or after projection master is enabled, breaks alphaLoader), this is of course, on a Mac. :confused:

wish you could test this and debug it on mac :frowning:

oh well.

A bit of a bug. Over a netowork XP Home edition, I’ll start it, it says that it can’t open the file from my other computer, it’ll open it anyway and then won’t post an image in the large window although the thumbnails are there. It works great on my resident harddrive it just is a bit glitchy over a network.

PS Awesome program this has been a sorely needed addition.

davidT: could the problem relate to using XP Home in a network? I was under the impression you had to u/g to XP Pro to network properly.