ZBrushCentral

NanoTile Textures! unofficial - Information, Installation

@basquiat79: So it looks like the ZFileUtils64.dll that performs final delete functions on creation is is not able to be accessed on your machine. This could be related to ZBrush not running as Administrator or the ZFileUtils64.dll is not in the correct location.

Check to make sure ZBrush is running as Administrator and that the plugin is installed to the ZStartup Folder (not ZData)

for x64: \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\NanoTileTextures_4R7

for x32: \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\NanoTileTextures_4R7

-Joseph

Thank Joseph, that´s right. During the extraction I hade made a mistake. The Nano Tile Folder was empty! Now everything works! Thank you for your help.

Tommy

Joseph,

Thanks for putting the tile tool together, it’s great.

I often try to use it for organic material scattering across an organic surface. I have an issue with the tile-tool plane being visible along with all the nanos. Is there a way of hiding the plane while keeping the nano’s visible?
Thanks a ton!

(also, it would be GREAT to have a button to toggle this)

@ryuu1988: Thanks for the kind words! Turning off ‘ShowPlacement’ [Tool:NanoMesh:ShowPlacement] should hide the plane (let me know if it isn’t.) (Toggling this will effect all the nanomesh indexes applied to that subtool. If a Poly has a nanomesh object applied it will hide that associated polygon; If there is not a nanomesh applied to a poly it will show the poly however.)

I’ll see about adding a toggle for this built into the UI of the ZPlugin :slight_smile:

-Joseph

Aw man, It was right there the whole time!!! Thanks!

Great plug in! i am trying it out and i can set up all my nano meshes and be ready to capture but i run into 2 issues

1. when creating a new tile plane i get the error below
  2. when trying to capture i get the second error below
I followed the steps you gave one of the previous comments and the plug in is installed in the correct place. any ideas?

nanotile_error1.PNGnanotile_error2.PNG

@yeluis: Make sure you have ZBrush updated to 4R7 P3. (it should say what version you are running at the top of ZBrush.) The ‘RandArray’ should be there if you have the most recent version of ZBrush installed. You can run the ZUpgrader.exe in the ZBrush directory to upgrade to ZBrush 4R7 P3.

-Joseph

that worked. didnt realize i wasnt on the latest. is there a way to insert diferent nano meshes without having to do temp poly selections on the plane? i find my strokes being overridden on every stroke unless i do the alt click temp poly group method

@yeluis: The Nanomeshs are be applied by Polygroup (Using the Alternate Polygroup to apply them is an excellent way.) If you have polygroups already established on your model or if you want to stack NanoMesh indexes on the same polygoup just hold SHIFT while you drag the Nanomesh out this will create a new Index but keep the existing Polygroup. Let me know if that helps :slight_smile:

-Joseph

Hello Joseph,

sorry to hijack the topic , it indirectly related to nanotile helper plugin, i develop i Big toolset for Zbrush, and i reach the end of the development
unfortunately , at the very end i discover an issue i would like to resolve, but haven’t found the complete magic spell to invoke and that

The Issue happen when you switch from a plugin to another plugin, cause when you get back to the first plugin in use, all the Switch button get resets.
your plugin don’t have that issue. that why I would like to ask you how you did it to work with several Set of Switch button.

I made a simple plugin for testing purpose, so i understand the full solution to apply next time in all my 4 plugins that compose my toolset.
http://pastebin.com/QTw4aZPx
My code only restore the Switch Set on the one I click when i get back from another plugin, but it should restore both of the Three Switches State.

i 've got like 250 switches i need to track their status and restore it when the sleep mode awake when i click on the plugin Win ID.

There is something i did not understand well with the sleep mode. Can you help me to fix that issue, Joseph ?

Here is the development post with more detail :
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?198809-few-basic-questions&p=1184727&viewfull=1#post1184727

EDIT : Hey, good news
The solution always start to appear when i go on forum to ask for help even if i really rarerly do that :slight_smile:
Well the good is that i fixed all the issues !

Anyway thank you Joseph and sorry for that attempt on your thread :wink:

Best Regards,
Nicolas

@f​:slight_smile:celess: No worries happy to help :slight_smile: So the principle is that you need to store each switch’s on/off state to memory (that is stored to a file), then also create a ‘Startup’ routine that will go through and refresh the switches when the ZPlugin is refreshed (Marcus_Civis set me up with this solution a while back and I have been using it since.)

Now for 250 switches this is going to not be an easy task… Below is a link to a PasteBin link to an example with three switches setup to store to memory with a Startup Routine. There is also code to lock the switch to an ‘On’ state so it can not be toggled off (Thanks again to Marcus_Civis for this workflow.)

Here is the pastebin link:
http://pastebin.com/8CjBbN2v

Let me know if that helps :slight_smile:

-Joseph

Sure it helps Joseph thank you for pointing me that example, it really different approach that mine,
I ask me a good question now, what is best method to use, the sleep Awake Event system or
The method that track what we are clicking on, and that benefit of this to reload all the switches status from the a save memblock from the disk.
i guess the second one is better if i understand it well.

I post you my personal approach : ( on pastebin again :))

http://pastebin.com/mJ9MrZX5

can be useful :wink:

I must to weight cons and pro with the marcus’s method, because the switch code is a lot of extra linies to add , when my method just need a [mvarSet, pluginInt, 0,1 ] (when pressed ) or [mvarSet, pluginInt, 0,0 ] (when unpressed )

Does it impact the performance when sculpting or anything, if the Zbrush tick and wait for the proper event, to awake from the sleep mode ?

Into a game engine there is so many element that tick awaiting to be triggered, considering my own experience, i don’t think there will be more advantage if the code of the plugin increase with more lines of code (marcus method), as i can reduce the the timer to only tick at a low frequency my method, could really also make the difference, concerning the part of the code that reads the memblock then set each switch to the proper state, the code is equivalent to marcus 's method, I don’t think there is anything to compare here to measure the performance.
smaller is the code, and then the performance should be improved.
the problem is that i really must to take the correct decision on the engineering choice.

Thank you for taking your time to shed your light with me Joseph, i appreciate the help.
would you like to join ma beta tester list ? i could send you the toolset for evaluation i think you would appreciate it a lot :slight_smile:
If yes throw me you email in PM, i still have no date, but the first beta release is imminent :slight_smile:

Friendly,
Nicolas

Wow. Very nice. Tell me. I just downloaded ZWelder 1.7. Hopefully it will work in 4R7 (x64)

hey Joseph
Finally you got right on this one, it worked well as described really appreciated the help now it all clear :wink:

I apologize for the hijack of your post this way but if there is one that must to know, it’s you :slight_smile:

i might have chosen the private message instead, to ask you if you would like to join my private beta test
of the bloody beast of toolset for Zbrush, I made during the last 9 months. It’s quite huge and addictive :slight_smile:

so if yes, Joseph, may i sent you a private message with some instructions just for you to grab your copy and license for free ?
(with no commercial restriction on the use) .
it takes 2 minutes and the time for me to send you an email with the link to grab ZGameTools on gumroad, and the instructions at startup /documentation /reference guide / youtube channel.

Friendly,
Nicolas

So AMAZING! I wonder if non-periodic tiles are possible? Probably not unless done procedurally with some
weaponsgrade AI!

** Update it crashes when I want to export the AO map with “auto export”

Great plugin, I tried this on pc at work and zbrush crashes. So I have no errors to share. We are using floating licenses this won’t be the reason would it?

Thanks

Such a great plugin! I’m having some issues with the output though, it seems all of my textures have a fringe around them that sadly makes them unusable.

You can see the effect when I’m trying to use the textures as surface noise here:

17c5449f82990dfbf082166feb70eb84.png

I also tried just grabbing the depth of the framed tile tool and exporting that, but the result was the same. :confused:

Has anyone encountered this issue and know of a fix?

Is there a fix for this?
Does anyone know if you need to change the Render settings?
If it helps anyone:
I change my AO to 4096 res (in the render tab)
and do a BPR render pass to get my shadows and AO (make sure you have shadows and AO enabled in you render properties.
For a normal map you can apply the normal material, do a best render (disable shadows and AO first) and then use zaplink to get a seamless result.
Seems to work but there are a lot of clicks involved to get it done (not complaining) I wish that Create Seamless Maps button worked.

Also what is the WrapModePlane for?
I thought it was to create uneven geometry for your nanomesh geometry to sit on (get more variation in the height) but there is a different plane substool for the nanomesh stuff. Is it that your nanomesh geo will only tile if its laid on a flat plane surface?

If anyone can answer I’d really appreciate it, thanks :wink:

Hello,
I have a problem with the nanotiles texture plugin since i’am on ZbrushR8: i have always this message when i start the plugin and also when i try to export seamless maps.
error.png

Nano tiles texture v2.3 x64
conf: windows 7

anyway, thank you for everything

im having the same problem as the guy above whenever i try to export or create a new tiletool, has this problem been fixed/ is there any solutions? im on 4R8

1.JPG