Here’s the legs added.
This model had a really rough start…
Originally, it was little more than a sketch and I never intended anything more of it. As such the base mesh for the torso was built in about 15 mins with little or no effort or thought given to what would be his fists.
I kind of liked where it was going, but I got a good ways into sculpting before realizing the hands were completely jacked and I’d need 7 divisions to get any nice shaping there. I should have stopped. Instead I had a great idea to loop in new fist geometry in ZB, and that began my problems. I started him very static in pose for the sake of ease in sculpting, but the looping for some reason prevented me from taking division one out to Max to pose and back in. This is something I had not encountered before. I tried every setting imaginable, spending more time trying to fix the issue than it would have taken me to remodel the existing work three times over. But I was determined to find a workaround, lest I hit the issue again. At any rate, I sent to torso to a Lightwave user and had him quickly pose my mesh and lo and behold, the obj worked when exported out of LW. The two apps write the obj differently.
Then came adding the legs and boots- an overall simple job in Max. I actually modeled the bulk of the wrinkles in the base mesh- 90% of that is cut in, and just sharpened or softened as needed in ZB. I did incise the seam line down the sides of the legs in ZB- its about the only detail that was solely formed entirely in displacement.
Anyway. I’m tired of looking at this file. I learned one thing: never take anything into ZB that is sloppy. If you do, it will bite you in the arse, I promise.