ZBrushCentral

Modern mercenary WIP

Latest update:
[]ArmyDude_EarlyWip_01_Compo_01 copy.jpg

I will be updating this thread with more wips as I work through this project. Any comments, critiques are welcome.

Attachments

Cowboy_turnaround2.JPG

ArmyDude_EarlyWip_02_BodyCompo01 copy.jpg

ArmyDude_WIP3_Compo_01.jpg

Good start man, some of the proportions are a little off around the head but appart from that looks about right. Are you gonna aff hair?

Thanks for the reply nicholasmc1
Yes agree the head looks too soft and sorta “off” on the base mesh but I was basicly laying down topology mostly and will really shape everything in ZBrush. For the hairs, I will propably try and do them with planes and alphas even though I sorta hate the process :confused:

Here is an update, Ive had time to put most of the pieces in Zbrush and started doodling a bit. Also started to work on the handguns in max.

[[attach=92834]ArmyDude_EarlyWip_02_BodyCompo01 copy.jpg[/attach]]ArmyDude_EarlyWip_02_BodyCompo01 copy.jpg
[[attach=92835]ArmyDude_EarlyWip_02_HeadCompo01 copy.jpg[/attach]]ArmyDude_EarlyWip_02_HeadCompo01 copy.jpg
[[attach=92836]ArmyDude_EarlyWip_02_GunAnimation.gif[/attach]]ArmyDude_EarlyWip_02_GunAnimation.gif
Arms/hands really need work, head was just a quick doodle… will go back to work on it later down the road. Shoes are really WIP… and everything needs a whole lot more details but an update is an update :slight_smile:

Comments/critiques welcome

Looking good man, the head looks a little small for the body(just a little). Also the lips have a few issues but overall its improved nicley especially around the eyes.

Im sorry Im confused is this whole body in zbrush. or are you only using a head?

Thanks for the comments,

nicholasmc1: Yes, maybe your right head does seem a wee bit small. About the lips, yea… major issue :rolleyes: I May go back in max and model the inside of the mouth and some gums/teeth not sure yet.

infamouskiller: No problem, my original post was the base mesh I was doing in max but now ive imported everything into zbrush as subtools.
So ive got a bunch of different meshs in zbrush creating my high poly. Once im done detailing, I will import all the pieces back into max using “poly cruncher” to keep max from crashing and will generate normal maps there… or at least thats the plan.

Here is an update :slight_smile:

Had time to work on the head's base mesh in max to fix the lips. I also

tweaked some proportions a bit, added some details in the back, and continued to work on the arms, hands, pants, shoes, knee pads and leg
straps…

[[attach=93360]ArmyDude_WIP3_Compo_01.jpg[/attach]]ArmyDude_WIP3_Compo_01.jpg

I think the profile (side view) needs a bit of work the pants dont seem wide enough now that I look at it… but anyways im quite happy with my progress so far.

Let me know what ya think, comments good or bad are welcome.

great model, the topology looks good too, perhaps you should concentrate a little bit more on the pose, gesture and general aspect (head size muscles) you could improve some of your details, modeling this way