ZBrushCentral

Metal Gear Solid, Old Snake

First post here. Always inspired by all the talented artists here and am finally getting a small grasp of Zbrush. Big props to Vitaly Bulgarov for his tutorial here and gnomon dvd. Was a big help in making this image. Thanks to Arshlevon for the basemesh that he provided so long ago back on polycount. Also thanks to Pierre Bourgeot, Ian Sorensen, other friends, and my wife for feedback and putting up with me. Only thing not done in Zbrush was the vest and equipment. But I hear the new updates are gonna change all that so I’m looking forward to it. Look forward to the Zbrush user group meeting in Vancouver.

ZBC_THUMB.jpg
[attach=169579]snake_final_sm.jpg[/attach]

[](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_zbc_display_images)

Attachments

snake_final_sm.jpg

Really nice work! I always been a fan of that character too! see ya tomorrow!

hey man i like this one keep up the good work!:+1: :+1: :+1:

Sweet man! looking awesome!

Probably too late now and could be just this angle, but the face seems a tad rounder and wider than Snake’s in the game. But then again could be what you’re going for (like adding the beard).

Great stylized look with the hard edges on the face, the hair looks great too!

cheers
Daniel

Thanks guys…

Ville: Others have a said that same thing. I wasn’t really going for the ingame version (but I did steal all I could for reference). Trying to go with the official concepts and do my own take. Yes hence the beard.

Forgot to post a turnaround so here goes:

[attach=169676]snake_turn.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

snake_turn.jpg

wow, effin spectacular! love it.

hey is this dave lam? :slight_smile:

it came out great man , i really like the little touches that you added to it namely the full beard. reminds me of johnny quests father ,dr benton quest for some reason
cheers,
damien

This is NOT SOLID SNAKE…
more like BIG BOSS…

Good stuff, but please do not put your chinese name on it…
haha~

Sarakawa: Thanks!
MayaDamien: Hey man! Glad to see you’re hanging around. Checked out your site. Pretty slick my friend. That spawn is nice! :eek:

99530869: Solid Snake…big boss… they’re clones. But good call… I was using alot of reference from Snake eater so yeah. You’re right on both counts! It is my chinese name on his front vest pouch there. I was wondering if anyone would notice. Have you been watching me the whole time in my mind or something? You’re freaking me out! Thanks for the commments.

Congrats Dave!! Turned out really nice! Looking forward to your next piece, have fun with the new hard body tools in 3.5R3 :smiley:

pierre

yea well done looks great matey :).

Great!!!
loud and Clear!