ZBrushCentral

Menoetes

Hey everyone
Here is a project I started on free time back in July after a loose VR sketch inspired me to my own take on some kind of Bovine God. Very inspired after reading Lost Gods by Brom I wanted to imagine this God being in the book as one of those ancient long forgotten Gods. Mostly pulled from Menoetes the Cattle Demon/God who served Hades. Some Clash of Titans influence in this guy as well as trying to bring some of that chunky feeling Where the wild things always has.
Anyways please scroll down and you can take a look at sorta a mini snapshot of his little journey to the final.
Sculpted in Zbrush and Mudbox, Topogun for topo, Maya for UVs. Painted in Substance Painter and Rendered in maya arnold with Xgen groom.

Link to my AS post as well below for some more pictures there too.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NG3mzz

Cheers and thanks for looking!

SadVersionWIP1

9 Likes

I think this is great! Wonderful expression to both the face and the posed character in total. Very well imagined and created.

Agree with the comments above, love the skin details, reads very well! Congrats @GregStrangis :clap:
Jaime

makes me want to read the novel too :slight_smile: great piece! thanks for posting

loved the sculpt and anatomy of the creature, amazing :no_mouth: :star: