ZBrushCentral

Mauricio Salgueiro - SketchBook

nice forms dude :slight_smile: keep it up

Great work thanks for showing it.

Great work man, really impressived your renders.

Amazing sculpt and render ! He feels very alive, very real.

Love the ChapulĆ­n sculpt and the new oneā€™s looking great as well!

Hello, guys! This is my final version for the Troll Sculpture.
This has been the most difficult and patience demanding sculpture Iā€™ve ever done. It was quite a challenge to find the balance of the wrinkles, the harmony between planes and organics.
I liked the concept of this sculpture since I first got my eyes on it. And while I worked at it I decided to search about these creatures on the net.
I found Trolls come from Northern mythology, they live in caves and despite what we hear today all over the web, they avoid human contact.
This sculpture took me two weeks of my spair time and it was rendered on 3dsmax, with V-Ray and posted on Photoshop. And of course, ZBrush for sculpting and texturing.
Iā€™m gonna post some more angles soon. Hope you guys like it.
For more about Jordu Schellā€™s work, please visit:

Fauno_08A.jpg

Fauno_09C.jpg

Fauno_06A.jpg
Fauno_07B.jpg

Fauno_06B.jpg

Fauno_09B.jpg

very very good work, how you have exported the model in 3ds max ? Displacement, decimation or ?

Very cool character and great execution

Wow. Very magical. Nice work.

Since this is so good, do you plan on making a full bust shot with props and context ?

Ouran - Thanks for the comment, man! About your question, I donā€™t intend to take this project further from this. This dude was inspired by a Troll bust sculpture by Jordu Schell. Since from the chest down I lack reference, Iā€™m not growing it into the whole body.
Since the begiging my motivation was to concentrate the more I could on this one area too. In a attempt to achieve the most realistic skin and wrinkles, and this precise result.
LVXIFER - The model was created originally from a sphere, later retopologized with QRemesher and then decimated to 3dsmax. Since this wasnā€™t enough to retain all the details, and I had to use a Bump Map too.
cherub_rock - Thanks, man! Making a good render is most of all a matter of a patience.
fattkid - Iā€™m so glad that you had this impression. It means my goal was reached.

So here it is, guys. One more angle, front view.

Fauno_11C.jpg

Fauno_11A.jpg

Fauno_12C.jpg

Some ZBrush renders.

Render_01.jpg
Render_03.jpg
Render_04.jpg
Render_08.jpg
Render_06.jpg
Render_05.jpg