ZBrushCentral

Male Anatomy Ref

Hey everyone,

I’ve been tinkering on and off for the last little while on this male sculpt. I wanted to create a model that I could use in my other works as reference. I use the models from anatomy tools quite a bit when I sculpt, but I always found myself looking for supporting reference that showed what the body looked like when skin was covering the muscles. I mainly used physique contestants as reference to keep the proportions in the realm natural. As it was meant to be a study, I didnt go into any crazy detailing that I may normally do. If anyone wants to DL it, you can purchase it on gumroad for 10 bones. Critiques are welcome as always!

Gumroad:

https://gumroad.com/l/ASNC

Attachments

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp 3.jpg

1 Like

I don’t have the level to critique such a piece, but just for the sake of trying, the only thing I could say is that the trapezius look a bit too voluminous to me, considering the pose.
That being said (and not with any certainty), I think it’s a master piece, and very inspiring, in particular when you currently study anatomy.

Well done.

Really nice work man. I get what Janvier says, but I love the piece as a whole. I really love the skin surface detail as well.

Thanks guys!

The guy I used for reference had big traps, and they do flex a bit with the shoulders rotated and the scapula being pulled in. However I do agree that when I look at them now they do seem a bit inflated.
Good eye!

I actually like it as is. :slight_smile:

@Teyon: oh, no doubt. just nitpicking

It’s really great something that just looks a bit odd to me are the upper legs. The area between the rectus femoris and vastus lateralis, but it’s quite amazing.

Thanks Guys!

@ Djordr - odd in what way? I’m taking notes for any improvements, do you have a reference i can compare against mine?

I picked this up yesterday, you did a good job with it, definitely useful for quick ref!
thanks for posting!

Great Job, I just got the download, thanks for the reference.

Thanks for all the support guys, appreciate it!

This work merits all support we can give. Your price is very reasonable indeed.

I now hope you will also do a female reference on the same quality level.

+1 Vote for a female model.

Nice! :slight_smile: Looks very natural.
What actually impresses me the most are all the great directional micro folds!
Wish to share your technique on how you created them? :slight_smile:

Will definitely pick it up on gumroad!

/Jonas

Thanks Jonas, to answer your question the skin detailing is done with a spray brush with some adjustments and one of the preset alphas. I actually just updated the gumroad model with the two brushes included, so if you end up picking it up you’ll
have the brushes too :slight_smile:

Thanks for making it available, great model and reference. It is very nice to be able to have such superb reference and be able to study it in zbrush from any angle.
When your Female version comes out I will certainly buy that as well :slight_smile: Can I get My hands on those brushes even if they where not included when I bought it on gumroad?

Thank you again for adding the brushes.

I had bought the reference ztl before the brushes were added, but when I followed the link Gumroad sent me by e-mail, all I had to do was re-enter my email adress in a pop-up box and click download again to see the new link appear.

Downloading again, thanks!

Nice glad you guys figured it out. All I did was replace the original download with a zip file that contains model and brushes, so if its already purchase re-download and you’re all good!

Thanks for the brushes, I will gladly take a look at those since I had real issues to get the skin for the body right :slight_smile:

But as Erik mentioned, any chance for a female body? It seems a lot easier to find good references for male bodies than females, but a female 3d-ref on such a level would be amazingly helpful.