ZBrushCentral

Madame Pompadour @ le bal de gala

Roccoco or Late Baroque, is an exceptionally ornamental and theatrical style of architecture.
The Rococo style began in France in the 1730s as a reaction against the more formal and geometric Style Louis XIV. It also came to influence the other arts, particularly sculpture, furniture, silverware, glassware, painting, music, and theatre. The term rococo was first used in print in 1825 to describe decoration which was “out of style and old-fashioned.” It was used in 1828 for decoration “which belonged to the style of the 18th century, overloaded with twisting ornaments.” In 1829 the author Stendhal described rococo as "the rocaille style of the 18th century."Rococo is now often considered as a distinct period in the development of European art. Rococo features exuberant decoration, with an abundance of curves, counter-curves, undulations and elements modelled on nature.

History of the French Pouffe Hair Fashion…

Marie Antoinette acquired the hairstyle, which was a creation from the famed hairdresser of the day, Léonard Autié. In April 1774, it was first sported as Le Pouf Sentimental by Duchess de Chartres at the Opera. The Duchesse’s hairstyle was immense. 14 yards of gauze were wrapped around a tower as well as two figures representing the baby Duc de Beaujolais in his nurse’s arms with an African boy at her feet. A parrot and a plate of cherries were also added. It quickly became widespread amongst noble and upper-class women in France during the time. It was highly creative and artistic, and women could literally wear their moods through strategically placed decorations and ornaments. Ships, animals and hundreds of other novelty items could be seen on these pouffes. Other decorations included pearls, headdresses/hats, hair jewellery, and plumage, such as ostrich feathers.
The pouffe was a very elaborate and time-consuming hairstyle; hours were needed to create it. The hairstyle would remain in the wearer’s hair for about a week or two until it was no longer hygienic. Hairstyles were so high that the ladies had to kneel on the carriage floors and that the towering coiffures posed a fire hazard near chandeliers.

Inspired by Madame de Pompadour, (AKA) Jeanne Antoinette Poisson, Marquise de Pompadour, who was a member of the French court. She was the official chief mistress of Louis XV from 1745 to 1751 and remained influential as court favourite until her death.!

Madame-Pompadour|1000x937

12 Likes

Some extraordinary hair styles here. :+1: I wouldn’t want to carry all that around on my head, but they sure are striking to look at!

Thank you SPYNDEL! What women did for beauty and attention back then :wink: I’m sure some went home with headaches as they used to wear it for weeks at a time. x

Absolutely crazy, but so good. Your renders are lovely, too.

1 Like

Thank you AURICK! you made my day! to me crazy is good…haha

Beautiful work! :+1:

1 Like

Love all the details, beautiful work!

1 Like

Thank you MARCUS_CIVIS! x x

1 Like

Thank you so very much KYLEJ39! so happy you like xx

very unique French Balmaske mask and headdress! WOW!
the makeup is in French Style, definitely and it reminds me of the period of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much KING_ESFANDIYAR so happy you like it! :heart: