ZBrushCentral

Lionel Cornelius Jr - Sketchbook

I like the atmosphere and color of your carnage ^^

Max777 - thanks for the comment and for stopping by

here’s another symbiote :).

antiVenom_final.jpg

Still trying to get better at modeling and designing creatures. It’s been super rough…and tough.
Initially, the idea was to sculpt a creature per day, but that ended up being to ambitious for my schedule.
But I’m trying to push through doing at least 2-3 per week.

Normally I just jump into zbrush and start sculpting whatever comes to mind.
That’s another thing I want to change during these “creatureDays”…my approach to a character or idea.
I want to get back into the habit of starting with a small story first so that things are more clear during
design instead of impromptu sculpting.

Anyhow, here’s a couple of sketchy concepts from last night. One male and female version.
I kind of like the female at the moment and will probably push her design a bit further.
If anyone wants to chime in and share their process, critiques, etc…I’m all ears.

creature-8142016.jpg

creature-8142016-2c.jpg

creature-8142016-2d.jpg

Attachments

creature-8142016.jpg

creature-8142016-2c.jpg

creature-8142016-2d.jpg

another creature doodle. Hope to get in a few more of these before the end of the month. Then take a look at them all and hopefully take a couple to finished sculpts.

pangilin_creature-08182016.jpg

Attachments

pangilin_creature-08182016.jpg

took the little pangolin like creature into photoshop for an illustration. Still exploring new methods, techniques, color palettes and stuff.

comp2.png

couple of wips going on at the moment.

This one is a challenge a few coworkers of mine decided to start. Just something to keep the creative juices flowing.

091316-1.jpg

this one is a semi personal piece for a buddy of mine. We’re looking to have a couple of his designs printed once I get them finish.

Q_091216-1.jpg

Attachments

091316-1.jpg

Q_091216-1.jpg

So I had to go through the process of making a tentacle brush for a student…and for myself. WAS.NOT.EASY. I’ve made curve brushes many times before…the last one being a brush for a xenomorph’s tale…but after a short while of not creating them, you kind of have to get on that bike and learn balance again.
Anyhow, my kids have been watching a lot of The Little Mermaid lately so figured I’d make Ursula for the tentacle brush test…plus i have a thing for the villains of stories. Did this during lunch…had a lot of fun with it. Concept is by Teratophile on deviant art.

ursula-2.jpg

Attachments

ursula-2.jpg

little more progress on this today.

ursula-092216-2.jpg

Attachments

ursula-092216-2.jpg

Calling this one done. Based on a concept by http://teratophile.deviantart.com/gallery/

ursula_final_half.jpg

Got inspired by Peter Konig’s presentation at the Zbrush Summit this year. Figured I’d try taking one of my garbage sculpts and attempt his approach using paint over methods and photoshop trickery. Came up with this.

buzzard_comp60%.jpg

first post for the new year. [FONT=arial]I decided to jump in the artwar contest on cubebrush. My idea was to make a sci-fi sentinel. Here’s my current progress…

sentinel-010816-1.jpg

sentinel-010816-2.jpg

Attachments

sentinel-010816-1.jpg

sentinel-010816-2.jpg

Some personal pieces done for an upcoming art show.

gahzelle-final-web.jpg

arahcne-final_web.jpg

cahn-final-web.jpg

Back to working on my Cable. Got the base pose in and hoping to get some refining done over the next couple of weeks. Posing is always tough for me so the plan is to go back and finish up some older models I have for pose practicing. I’m open to suggestions if anyone wants to leave a crit or comment.

cable-031617-3.jpg

Attachments

cable-031617-3.jpg

wondeisha-pose1-final50%.jpg

wondeisha-pose2-final50%.jpg

a little personal art time + mermay + a lizard + orca. Old sculpt I wanted pose and finish up and thought this would be as good a time as any.

orcaLizard-final.jpg

Attachments

orcaLizard-final.jpg

Thanos fan art
thanos-final50%.jpg

Great composition and render - shapes and flow all add a very strong cohesion :+1:

@boozy floozie thank you! glad you like it :slight_smile: