ZBrushCentral

Lincoln's Sketchbook

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

welcome to zbc!
yes, very good project, that is exactely what i do roght now too. you are doing already great portrait, keep going! wonderful work.

I like it. I haven’t tried anything like that yet with QModeler. I notice you say you started with a plane - for something like a head would it have been easier to start with a sphere or ovoid shape? Just wondering if you started like that for a reason…

Thanks lesmen888, its not perfect, but its a technique I used to use in 3DS max with a signal polygon that I would extrude edges out of to create topology that looped around my model not sure if people used to call it patch modeling or edge modeling. Its an alternative to box modeling which can get your overall form down but can be tricky to build detail into it. I prefer to model small isolated area’s when doing heads, and ears are a lot easier to do like this to, I’ll probably try that out in post a video. The weird thing about using the modeler brush with QMesh is needing a thickness to your model so the plane I started out with could have been a box. When extruding with QMesh it welds vertices so you can model way faster doing this patch modeling style in zbrush now then with other modeling programs that I have used so far.

“The weird thing about using the modeler brush with QMesh is needing a thickness to your model so the plane I started out with could have been a box”

Well, you seem to have it down, however you do it. With regards to the thickness: Could you not pull off a patch with no thickness holding Ctrl as you Qmesh a polygroup island from a cube?

I like your low poly face. :slight_smile: Sounds like a cool technique!

Hi LINCOLN,

I love your base mesh. it’s so clean and divided perfectly.
I just made a stylized model of Leonard Nimoy. I designed it in my castoon style.
But with a mesh like this, One can live long, happily. and prosper to no end.

Thank you for sharing.

STAY BLESSED

-CAS

nice one!

Great sculpt!
I am not sure about the shiny rendering, but the sculpt and the likeness is very good.

You could make a version with a sculpted hair and a base for 3D printing! Because it is an amazing piece!

Those are so nice! Brings a tear to my eye.

Nice. :+1: