ZBrushCentral

Kubisi's Sketchbook

Thanks a lot ZBrushCentral for the Toprow!
I wrote this short article to help others to get into making realistic portraits, I hope you find it helpful guys! :slight_smile:
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

Cheers!

Attachments

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Wow amazing likeness! Impressive work!

The realism is truely amazing. Thanks for your sharing.

Thanks Max33!
Thanks Syrus!

:slight_smile:

Hey guys, here’s my first artwork in 2019, I hope this year would be as productive as 2018 was for me
I made this one during last month as a video tutorial series for my patreon page.
Sculpted in zbrush, modeled in maya, groomed in xgen, textured in mari, rendered in arnold, textureingxyz was used for both displacement details and color maps.
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/kubisiart/
Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/kubisi
Artstation : https://www.Artstation.com/kubisi
cheers!
front_hat_injured.jpg
closeUp1.jpg
front_hat.jpg
threeQuarters.jpg
front_shaved.jpg
front_shaved_injured.jpg
wireframe.jpg
insideMaya.jpg
insideZbrush.jpg

Attachments

front_hat_injured.jpg

closeUp1.jpg

front_hat.jpg

threeQuarters.jpg

front_shaved.jpg

front_shaved_injured.jpg

wireframe.jpg

insideMaya.jpg

insideZbrush.jpg

1 Like

I don’t usually share my professional work on ZBC, but this Ad has a special place in my heart, it’s my first ad working at MPC and it just got nominated yesterday for VES awards this year for Outstanding VFX and compositing in Commercial…also it’s a very touching Christmas ad ( If you didn’t watch the whole ad already, please try to watch it!) :slight_smile:

my role ( a tiny role in a huge team effort! ) was to model, sculpt, displacement sculpt, texture, a likeness of Elton John.
I had to make two variations, young and older Elton, Also I was responsible for making all the FACs facial shapes for animation.
(sorry for the low-res images, as I just took the images from the breakdown video MPC released)
Big thanks to Anthony Bloor and all the talented team at MPC for turning this adventure into such a successful piece of art.

Please see the Making Of Video :slight_smile:

thumb.jpg

Attachments

1 Like

Truly spectacular work. It’s getting harder and harder to tell CG from reality. If I had seen the commercial without this thread I would have just thought it was old footage.

holy crap great work

Awesome work! Though I remember he was bald when younger, oh vanity :smiley:

Thanks a lot guys!..glad you like it! :slight_smile:

It looks so perfect!!! Thank you for sharing.

Soooo impressive!! Great work for a great artist!

Impressive work!!
Cheers,
Ben | 3D Gladiator

Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing so much.

Very nice! Turned out amazing!

-Joseph

Im blown away by this, and what an incredible Ad! All the feels from this…and phenomal work!! I imagine you had a great time working on this with Elton being the figure of inspiration he is. Thanks for posting…made my day

thanks guys :slight_smile:

Great Job buddy , congrats to you and the team … keep rocking the place :smiley:

Excellent! :+1:

Man oh man that is a crazy level of detail but it holds up so well.