ZBrushCentral

Kfir Merlaub Art

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kfir Merlaub and I am a 3d character artist, now focusing on establishing my portfolio.
My latest sculpts were created in Blender, but now, because I want to reach higher polycount sculpts I am taking Zbrush into account.

For my first post on ZBC, here is my latest personal work done completely in Zbrush; A fan art of Goro from the video game Mortal Kombat. I chose to sculpt this character as it was designed for the Mortal Kombat film back in 1995.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy!

Turntable animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bYmBQtV4W4

Attachments

goro_017.jpg

goro_018.jpg

goro_021.jpg

goro_030.jpg

goro_031.jpg

goro_032.jpg

goro_023.jpggoro_024.jpggoro_025.jpggoro_026.jpggoro_027.jpggoro_028.jpg

goro_002.jpggoro_003.jpggoro_004.jpggoro_005.jpggoro_006.jpggoro_016.jpg

goro_009.jpggoro_011.jpggoro_012.jpggoro_013.jpggoro_014.jpggoro_015.jpg

goro_007.jpggoro_033.jpggoro_034.jpg

This is fantastic, very nicely done, the lighting and anatomy, and the pose, and the expression… Everything, I love,

Well done

Thank you! I am a great fan of Mortal Kombat and hope this would be fun for the faithful Mortal Kombat fans.
I would love to see how the new Goro will be designed for the upcoming Mortal Kombat X…

Probably the best GORO I’ve seen yet. Amazing work. Fav’d and Follow’d.

Great character,
like it was said, anatomy looks perfect,
the pose is dynamic and face expression nice.
I especially like the attention to hairs. Did you do them in zBrush too ?

Good job !

Thanks guys great to hear! I found that for me making fan art projects of old games and films is a great source for motivation for creativity, and especially Goro, a character which I sketched many times growing up.

The hair is actually my first time using Zbrush’s Fibermesh. It did take me a few iterations to fashion it this way. Got a chance to explore all the groom brushes.