Hi guys,

Here is a tiny update on the fat guy :slight_smile:
001.jpg
002.jpg

Attachments

001.jpg

002.jpg

Hi guys,

I have posed some of the characters I made back in 2007 for the Danish animation movie ‘Sunshine Barry and the disco worms’. They were just collecting dust, so I thought I would do them justice :wink:
More to come soon!

Jimmy.jpgMom.jpgGloria.jpgBarry.jpg

Attachments

Barry.jpg

Gloria.jpg

Jimmy.jpg

Mom.jpg

These are GREAT!!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks, glad you like them :slight_smile:

I’ve dug up some worms in my time but these are the sweetest :-):+1:

Thanks Boozy :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

Here is a model I did last year. He is a educational’ish character for a public Danish site :slight_smile:

Viktor.jpg

Attachments

Viktor.jpg

Here is Minna, a character I did for a movie pitch a couple of years back.

Minna.jpg

Attachments

Minna.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are some of the models I made for Lego Chima some years back :slight_smile:

Laval.jpgGorzan.jpgEris.jpgCragger.jpg

Attachments

Cragger.jpg

Eris.jpg

Gorzan.jpg

Laval.jpg

Just very subtles tweak to this guy. His “fantasy” proportions were the design frame I got. Then I had to fill in the rest with fat and a walrus’ish texture and so on.

FatBeast01.jpgFatBeast02.jpg

Attachments

FatBeast01.jpg

FatBeast02.jpg

Hi guys,

I have made an updated more feral version of the Centigor. Been really fun to touch up older projects :slight_smile:

For the fibermesh I have used the standard approach. Splitting the scalp into polygroups and having a bunch of main hair bundles to start out with. When I was done posing those, I split them again and so forth.
When working with fibermesh, I tend to use only ‘Move brush’ with fibermesh mask off, pinch brush to control the volume of the hair bundles and the tip of each bundle, and for last I use the smooth brush to smoothen out “crooked” hair strains. Though be careful when using it, as it removes volume to the actual hairstrain in the BPR render. If you guys know of a better way of smoothing a fibermesh curve without loosing volume in the BPR render, I would love hear from you. The reason why I dont use the ‘groom’ brushes is because I think they “pop” the hair strains in a way that makes them a bit uncontrolable. They very quickly gets jacked and weird in their form IMO. I might just be using them wrong hehe. Also if a solution for this is out there I would love to hear about it :wink:

Centigor01.jpg
Centigor02.jpg
Centigor03.jpg
Centigor04.jpg

Attachments

Centigor01.jpg

Centigor02.jpg

Centigor03.jpg

Centigor04.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are some WIP poses of some of the characters I made for the Danish animation feature Albert. I also made the blendshapes for the characters.
As for Zbrush, I tend to start in maya and follow the modelsheet and block out the character shapes, then I export the meshes out to Zbrush, where I smooth and tweak.

When working on a feature, I prefer to present the characters in zbrush, because the design supervisor and director usually have some shape feedback they want to test out. I can very quickly go in and edit the model with them, and there after go back into maya and apply the changes.

As to the blenshape stage, I block out all of the shapes in Maya and later export out some of the facial shapes to zbrush, which need som polishing. There I can very quickly get the look I want, and transfer it back over to my shapes in maya.

Albert.jpg
Egon.jpg
Jumilla.jpg
Tahira.jpg

Attachments

Albert.jpg

Egon.jpg

Jumilla.jpg

Tahira.jpg

Hi all,

Here is a WIP I’m working on at the moment. There is long way to go yet, but its a pretty fun project :slight_smile:

NosSS_01.jpg

Attachments

NosSS_01.jpg

Nice work, Jimmy. Very clean. :+1:

Hi!! its really impressive. This Model looks quite accurate. Keep it up.

Hi Polyjunky and Dawlerento, thank you. I will keep working on it, and post some more during the week :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Here is some vis dev I made for the Danish animated movie Albert.

AlbertVisDev.jpg

Attachments

AlbertVisDev.jpg

Uau very cool man

Thanks Jhon :slight_smile:

Loving the chubby folds on Baby Albert - sweetly played on all designs.

Having now seen the work created and passed by committee with consideration to “appeal” , I’m most looking forward to seeing the work that pleases yourself :wink: