ZBrushCentral

Jim Carrey - The Mask

What is there to say? I love Jim Carrey and I loved this movie ever since I first watched it back in '94. I watched it recently and got the idea to sculpt this in Zbrush. I’m still quite new to it, but I’m getting there. Critiques and comments are very much enjoyed. Hope you like it. :slight_smile:

For more, here is the link to my portfolio: http://nekoteo.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Nice sculpt, and a pretty good likeness. The expression is good, but did you mean for his eyes to seem that neutral? I could see them being a tad more mischievous. Great work, though!

Thanks’ for the comment. I wasn’t really going for neutral, but for more of a “seductive” look… I guess he fails at seduction. lol Here is the character sheet.

Looks like a good model :slight_smile:
But I agree with midost, the eyes could be more expressive.

Hey man great sculpt! I’d agree with these fellas about the neutral eyes. Also the texture you have on the hat and suit might merit a second look… It seems to me that you used a tertiary texture that makes it look more like a rough wool, or even paper mache.

You might just use a fabric texture/alpha, I think it’ll make the model 20% more believable.

Everything else looks fantastic!

Thank you guys, I sure as hell won’t make the same mistakes on the next model. :+1:

As i even say to you, cool model!, I know you rarely go back to your model but i think that it’s gonna be a good idea to correct it coz it’s a good piece for ur portfolio and it’s not gonna be soo long to correct… If u do, could take a look on the glossiness of the eye and upper Teeth coz it’s seem missing, of course the bumpness of the cloth too :wink:

Thanks CC, sure it wouldn’t take long, but I’d rather get to work on something else for now.:wink:

Btw, check your email.