ZBrushCentral

Jarlaxle Baenre WIP

Hi everybody.

I’m starting a WIP thread for my newest labor, that I hope to update every day.
It’s a model of Jarlaxle Baenre, from R.A SAlvatore’s Forgotten Realms books.

If anyone else out there is into these books as well, maybe we could start a challenge? It would be cool to see people’s interpretations of Drizz’t, Wulfgar, the Bouldershoulders Brothers ect.

Any comments or crits are appreciated.

[attach=104683]jarlaxle-face-closeup.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

jarlaxle-face-closeup.jpg

I didn’t have as much time to work on him tonight as I would have liked, but I’m pleased with the results nonetheless.

I’ve re-worked his eyepatch, and started work on his upper body.
I’ve develloped the bad habit of over-muscling my models in the past, so with this model, I’m going to work on sculpting a slimmer, somewhat wiry physique.

Well, that’s it for tonight.
Thanks for looking in, and come back tomorrow;)

[attach=104730]jarlaxle-3-views.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

jarlaxle-3-views.jpg

probably a stupid question, but why are the images I’m posting only showing up as dinky little thumbnails?

Hi all,
No comments, huh?
No problem. I suppose I haven’t done anything noteworthy yet, compared to the other posters. But I’m doing this for practice, not praise.

Anyhow, I’ve been working on fleshing out more detail on the upper body. I’m happy with the muscle work so far, and this time I’ve left myself another subdivision level for extra detail.

Just for kicks, I’ve used the gorilla material to see my model in more of a Drow fashion.

Once again, any crits or comments are most welcome.

Now I start the hands.

Attachments

jarlaxle-upperbody-update.jpg

Awesome dude, keep up the work, i was to shy to show my WIPs
But practice makes the master right?
I too did tried this character, though is awefully complicated, so many layers, and not only Zbrush layers.

If you wanna check it out http://vrego.deviantart.com/#/d26u8bd

I tried a Drizzt as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!