ZBrushCentral

Izanami, Goddess of Death

:shinto_shrine: And finally, we can unveil the superb model we’ve been working for over a year. No words needed, I will let her speak for herself.

It started with the great idea of Enrica Fincati followed by some detailed sketches and a stylized artwork, then they left me free to put my touch to bring a more classical look to the sculpture! It’s also important to mention her great knowledge in early Japanese culture and direction towards the best choices to go for! Enrica Fincati together with Francesco Simioni form Axis Mundi Games and it was a great pleasure to work on this partnered project with them!

It will finally be produces into a resin miniature that will be launched in November!

Hope you like as much as I do! :slight_smile:

69 Likes

Whaaaaat…that is wild! Fantastic piece, very polished, great composition. A lot of life, or un-life as the case may be. I can’t wait to see it produced, but I like the lighting and render here as well. :+1:

:clap:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Spyndel! :slight_smile:

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished: This is great​:heart::ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @filoppo :grin:

Really nice! Thanks for sharing =)

-Joseph

1 Like

You just blessed my eyes. Amazing :star_struck:

1 Like

Great work at illustrating your version of Izanami @CASculpts :+1:
Jaime

1 Like

Wowo Awesome! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome work!! Congratz to you and the team!!:sunglasses::+1::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:!!

1 Like

@Piggyson @AuGuMoNn @Jaime @DroneSoma @Geert_Etcher_Melis

Thank you all for your nice compliments! very much appreciated! It means a lot to me!! :star_struck:

Looks very cool :slight_smile:

Some background - Izanami is a goddess in “Shinto” culture, sometimes seen as “god of death” because it brought death to humans. and at the same time, Izanami gave birth to several gods / lands before getting burns during the birth of Kagutsuchi. (god of fire) and dying due to it.

1 Like

wow. amazing work. will be so cool if you print it

1 Like

Hey @Pixo_Daisuke

Thanks you very much!! Yes that is correct! :grin:

The scene here is set after Izanami was sealed in Yomi by her Brother/Husband Izanagi and with this sculpture we tried to portray her torment trying to get out to get her revenged for being abandoned by him, but being repeatedly pulled down by death being represented by soul characters beneath her. The broken Torii is also there to symbolize the fact that there is no way out and lanterns are offerings the living make to the dead.

Thank you very much @Gerardo_Parra! Yes she is being printed and produced in resin! :grin:

1 Like

will look epic. good job.

This is gorgeous. thank you so much for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you very much @PixoPaul! much appreciated! :grin:

Impressive work - fantastic scene! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @marcus_civis! :grinning:

1 Like