On to the next. This guy was fun! I took the same modified skeleton that I used on the mermaids and added all kinds of devilry to it. There are bones from lots of different animals in this one…all of which had to be heavily modified in order to get them all to fit together. Horses, bison, and humans were never meant to go together this way but with good bit of tweaking and building of articular surfaces, the effect was achieved rather well; all to scale and proportionally accurate
There was also a lot of asset creation for this scene. I’ll start with the tree and background and add in a few shots of the character build in the next post.
Once again, all the editing, building, layout, rendering etc. was done with Z-Brush and Photoshop. Final render size: 42x76 inches.
This is about a third of the way through detailing the tree…all started with z-spheres.
Hand modeled mushroom from z-spheres, just duplicated the asset for the layout. It sadly didnt make it into the final scene but I really liked the way it came out so I included it here.