ZBrushCentral

IT'S HERE!: ZBrush Summit 2016

I’ve lit 5 big candles

Don’t hold your breath… :wink:

The Sculpt-Off is active. You can find it (and the other Summit screen) at http://livestream.com/pixologic

Thanks, was definitely an interesting event. I hope next time the challenge will be a shorter deadline. Maybe a one hour sculpt-off all within the application? I will be waiting to watch for the next group.

sculpt-off all within the application

That’s how it should be, yeah…

Pixologic, you might need to update your home page as it’s saying 4R7 in last iteration before ZBrush 5 :slight_smile:

Yee-haww, I just read on Twitter about ZBrush 4R8 with realtime Booleans, a transform gizmo, 3D alphas (vector displacement) and new 3D print functionality! Can’t wait! :+1: :+1:

Yeah I was a bit disappointed about that. 4r8 looks like a nice update but feels like something to tide people over because 5 is taking longer than they planned.

I understand, but an intermediate release quenches my ZBrush thirst enough for the time being. :slight_smile: I would have been really disappointed if there was no new release at all.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed about that. 4r8 looks like a nice update but feels like something to tide people over because 5 is taking longer than they planned.

Yes, I too am disappointed by a nice looking and unexpected update to bridge the gap until 5 is ready.

Wait…no I’m not. :wink:

I missed something there…
Is the new gizmo optional, the transpose is still there?

Thx…

TransPose is still there. You can instantly toggle between TransPose and the Gizmo at will.

Very excited for 4R8. And the way I look at it, the more iterations they release before it, the better they will need to make ZB5 to warrant the leap from the 4 series. I would be shocked if they are not trying to come up with a viable way to offer a VR option as well, or perhaps giving that tech a couple more years of streamlining and tuning-up. VR might be that quantum leap that makes it worth calling ZB5…unless, of course, it ends up being called ZBVR :smiley:

I, for one, am very eager for the day when I can share a virtual space with my ZB sculpts as I work on them.

Lazymouse:
New functionality includes the option to begin a new stroke where the previous one left off, enabling users to sculpt single continuous strokes that run right around a mesh.
LazyMouse also now generates strokes of consistent depth, even when sculpting across previous strokes.

Nice :+1:

Cool!

Will there be a 32bit update from r7 to r8??? Ya I know, I’m behind on hardware…

In celebration of our ZBrush Summit reveals of both ZBrush 4R8 and ZBrushCore, Pixologic is pleased to offer special discounts for a limited time. ZBrush 4R7 is being offered at a 20% discount through October 3rd, with immediate digital download and a free upgrade to ZBrush 4R8 when released. ZBrushCore will also receive a 20% discount for all pre-orders between now and its release on October 14. These savings are only available through the Pixologic store. Don’t miss it!

when they said zbrush 4r8 you could hear a pin drop

Is there a way to find out about r8 without watching hours of video?
These are dark days for CG news. CGTalk doesn’t display most news anymore, and now it looks like Zcentral is even falling back on easy access to their latest news.

s there a way to find out about r8 without watching hours of video?

http://www.cgchannel.com/2016/10/pixologic-announces-zbrush-4r8/

Thank you Regnas!

You’re welcome…