ZBrushCentral

*** Introducing GoZ - PART 2

Hmmm - I wonder if this then means that the Mac version with GoZ ISN’T coming in June given the proximity of July!? - just another teaser to stop a riot :wink:

Looks good - just want it now.

Adam

looks vertex order friendly

Hiya Adam! Pixologic have a history of releasing at the very last moment - 2 minutes to midnight EST isn’t unusual so I wouldn’t get despondent just yet! :slight_smile:

Awesome… can’t wait to get my hands on this…
Am I correct in assuming the grand unveiling will be at SIGGRAPH 2009? - If it is - i’m super excited to be there!!! :smiley:

Somehow this video did not make it really apparent as to what was happening. Is this one showing anything different from the previous one. Would love to be enlightened as to what was happening.

1. new geometry ( tree or roots ) made in Zbrush
  2. geometry sent into Maya ( was it maya? )
  3. Hole made in the head in maya
  4. smoothed in Zbrush ( okay things are getting vague, memory failing )
  5. roots smoothed
  6. vertices welded in MAYa ( wow they had the same vertices on both geometries )
  7. ( memory blurring ) posing… ye posing done in Zbrush
  8. boing, maya updates

… and then it is a blur…

what is happening really…:confused:
<input id=“gwProxy” type=“hidden”><!–Session data–><input onclick=“jsCall();” id=“jsProxy” type=“hidden”>

The presentation of GoZ looks fantatsic, but:

I hope we can do the same (basic polymodeling:merge vertices-objects/ add edgeloops etc without losing the highres sculpt) right in zbrush (without a plug-in like maya/modo …)

This is SUPERB!!

Max please! :wink:

Well done Sherlock. You don’t say…? :slight_smile:

The point I’m trying to get across is that if Pixologic doesn’t take on the responsibility of developing hook-ups to Max and SoftImage, it will be up to 3rd parties to do so. Can you honestly see AutoDesk spending time and money developing a tool for the #1 competitor to MudBox? I think they’ll sooner buy out Pixologic (if they could) than that.

This video was all about demonstrating how vertex order and vertex count no longer matter when having other modelling apps brought into the pipeline. So in essence, you can now pretty much do whatever you want with your exported topology without fear of your mesh exploding when importing it back to ZBrush. Seeing how many many modelling operations modify vertex order and count, I’d say this is a pretty big deal. :slight_smile:

Yep that’s pretty freakin sick.
Really interested to see how z is handling the shading networks in maya… What map types are supported? Is there any behavioral difference between models with or without shader assignments? Customizable options? How about file handling? Maybe you could touch on it in the next vid? :smiley:

Like everyone else, can’t wait!

I gotcha:). Alls Im saying is that there is no way Pixologics major gaming customers (Epic etc) are going to want to wait that long considering the increased productivity potential here. So someone other than Autodesk will make this happen sooner rather than later I would imagine. I would not be surprised to see a Max and Softimage version with the PC release in August. Knock on wood (ie my head).

Cheers to you in New Zealand - please do a bangup job on The Hobbit.

MC

There’s only one day left in June. Does this mean it’ll be released tomorrow or not? Is the announced “June” date going to be kept, or is this not a solid?

Or as someone else stated “its just another teaser”, so we’re just hurrying up to wait, again.

Lone Deranger - Thanks for pointing that out!
“This video was all about demonstrating how vertex order and vertex count no longer matter when having other modelling apps brought into the pipeline.”

Wow, wow and wow is all I can say. ZBrush is now the most important 3D application ever.

how much longer?

For those not sure about this video, it shows the following.

Easy creation of both organic and hard edged models by using two 3D applications for the best of both worlds.

An invisible bridge between the two applications, meaning we only have to bother about clicking a button (the GoZ button).

The fact that fine details etc are automatically sent over to Maya, Modo, C4D etc, most probably via displacement and bump maps, all of which appear to be automatically done via GoZ.

It’s cutting out all the technical crap so that we can just get on with it.

I predict we will be able to go from blank canvas to final render in hours when this is released, rather than days as it is now.

This is so cruel, TORTURE…:stuck_out_tongue: anyway masking seemed different this time around, love it.

@clappy
goZ is debuting on the Mac platform so it makes sense that Max hasn’t been shown as it’s not available under OS X. I think it’s quite certain that a Max release will be available when goZ hits windows tho’

:wink: hang in there

This looks soooooooooooo COOL!! :+1: