ZBrushCentral

Interview: Digic Studios on the Assassin's Creed Cinematic

Being an amateur Zbrush artist, & a gamer that somehow missed the original Assassin’s Creed I have to say that Ubisoft owes Pixologic & Digic a big thank you. I went out & reserved a copy of AC2 & picked up the original Assassin’s Creed only after I’d seen the awesome trailer that Digic did for AC2. To anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, WATCH IT! WATCH IT NOW! It truly awesome. As I said I hadn’t even played the 1st game but the trailer was so cool I had to get AC 1, & reserve AC 2. Digic did it for me as a consumer & an artist. Really love this interview, VERY detailed. Gotta love this company too! Digic does great work & now we know why, because they put the artistry before everything else. If only every company in the game & CG film industries did that. I could name a bunch of big film studios & game developers who need to look out for up & coming companies like Digic. Kudos to Ubisoft for hiring the exceptional team at Digic to do the AC 2 trailer.

That part really got me too. I was like, ‘wait a sec, there’s companies who give a crap about their artists in this industry? And I thought I’d have to know EVERY program out there to ever get a job.’

hay man that rander is really great i really liked it

www.onlinemoviestation.net

Beautiful work, excellent. I love the amount of detail zbrush allows, its awesome.

just awesome :+1:

thanks for working on the best game i ever played! keep on the work!

yes:+1:

Hello

I went to the FMX show last week and they said you used Arnold to render your cinematic. Any chance you could tell us more, show some test renders and so on.

Would love to know how you got your results using unbiased rendering? Can not wait to get my hands on it. They said Sony and Framestore are moving over to Arnold.

Those that are interested its made by solidangle.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVWhWsgHzKM
<iframe width=“640” height=“390” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/mVWhWsgHzKM” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’ll try to get out lead TD to pay a visit here, but he’s extremely busy right now. I’d suggest searching around the net, visiting Arnold related forums or mailing lists, I’m quite sure he’s made some posts about the issues in the past year.

Oh, and the video you’ve linked was made with Mental Ray; it was Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood where we’ve moved to Arnold.