ZBrushCentral

Import .obj file and position it to my working subtool group

Dear Zbrush tutor,

I can successfully import .obj file to my .ztl file. But I have a problem on positioning it.
As shown in the following photo. My imported object is far away from my working subtool group, so I have to move the imported object. I use the TRANSPOSE-MOVE tool to do it. I have tried again and again. I am orbiting around my working subtool group. I have tried to use MOVE and Shift+MOVE to do the positioning. But I cannot move it properly.

Here comes my question.

1. Can I import an .obj file with xyz coordination, so that it is in position when I imported it.
  2. If there is no solution for question 1) How may I move my imported subtool to get to properly position quickly?
    Thanks for your great help.

Attachments

Import and position.JPG

Press F to frame the object in the center of the screen

Thanks, “F” key can focus on the object, but I want to bring 2 objects together by transpose->MOVE them. How may I bring them together?

The text and numbers have been cropped off the top of the screen, please don’t do that. With transpose Move active as your pic shows, dragging the middle circle on that Transpose line should allow you to move your tool(without any keys). I see you’ve customized your UI but don’t see any view control buttons. There is an Axis plug and an extended version of the Axis plug posted. I have a custom UI and other files posted(link below post) you should investigate them, perhaps it will be helpful to your endeavors.