ZBrushCentral

...Illustrations

Bimm the Stone,

This is very good indeed. A bit surreal which is nice.

Beeker looks so cute too.
Well, ok, I know he is scared to death, but I often mistake that for cute. (Just kidding)

Very good work and composition as well. Your very talented.
~BW

Thanks, Saltapiedras, ( not that I speak spanish :smiley: had to look it up), I agree that some details are lost but I had to sacrifice it up to the overall look. The lighter version just doesn’t come out as well.

Mr. Monster, lol, your name isn’t Mr. Monster for nothing I guess ;). You are too kind, but very nice of you to say so.

see ya.

Excellent! Best Halloween pic! Le Roc winns!
Lemo

Wow, Thanks Lemo, …a twisted mind helps you know

looks great, always nice to see your work. I like the characters and overall style a lot. I like the contrast between the characters different styles a lot too.

I do see a few flaws in that last one though.
The black radial gradient isn’t so visually appealing and usefull. If you want to achieve that effect you could make more carefully I think, maybe having a less harsh gradient and make it with little opacity in conjuntion with a blur or something. Just a thought, cause its too strong and too raw imo. Looks overlayed.

The color sheme for the grass isn’t so pretty and doesn’t fit the picture at all. I’d change it completely. Don’t you agree it stands out of the picture and doesn’t fit? You got a nice color sheme for the entire pic, the grass has bad colors that just stand out imo.

The black background is way too present and overpowering. Also needless to say it is boring.

The character on top of the monsters head looks very interesting. The shape looks nice, also the shader is nice but your lighting doesn’t show much of the character maybe you could light it a bit more.

It looks like a lot of crit but your picture is really nice, I like it a lot. Just giving you a piece of my mind, you can make what you want with it.

again nice work

Hey KarimZ, actually I think you have some valid points there. Nice to get some new insights on how to improve :smiley:

The grass and encompassing elements are a little off, colorwize. That, I can easily change I think.

The black background… I can try to make it into something more appealing, but I don’t know if I will come up with anything, backgrounds are not my strong point, I’m always struggeling with those…

As for the bird-hat-creature-thingy…I agree that it’s a shame that some details are lost there, I’ll see if there is a way to make a bit more clear, maybe with some different lighting settings…
I have to find out if it is possible though, because the way I work is very, no VERY chaotic, I don’t plan out anything beforehand, it grows into something while I’m making it. Thus I have to be creative around any obstacles I find on my way. (Which can be interesting learning experiences, but also very tiresome sometimes)
Usually I have elements together in 1 layer that have no relation at all. (for instance, the main bodypart of the hat is in the same layer as beaker mouth and eyes while the legs and the head are grouped withe some of the clouds and beaker tie…hmmm)
And because the only way I can think of how to use different light settings in a Zbrush document is to bake the layer you don’t want to change… it will not always work with my doc’s.

I will try to see what I can improve in this one.
Stay tuned for an update

(It may take some time though, I just bought Neverwinter Nights 2)

Hi all,
I haven’t used Zbrush in a while… I quit smoking.
I used to smoke a lot during my Brushing, so it was better for me to stop using Zbrush for a while…

But it has been itching a long time, and tonight I went for it, this is the result of a few hours of work. I was aching for a smoke, but was quite able to resist :smiley:

I wouldn’t want a psychologist to see this disturbing image, he might suggest I take up smoking again. You fellow brushers on the other hand are equally sick, so I don’t mind showing you. :lol:

have fun…

Bimm

[tongetje.jpg]

love the mania, love the playfulness.:+1:

I love Beakers Night Out!!! And gratulations on quitting! I stopped 7 Years ago and never look back. Cig’s just don’t do anything FOR you and I’m happy I’m not paying the idiot fee aka tobaco tax any longer. If you feel the urge, switch it’s polarity and use the drive against itself. Worked for me.
Post more! Your stuff is great!
Lemo

Bimm the Stoned, nice stuff!!

Salvador Dali style. It looks good.