ZBrushCentral

Human ZBuilder version 1.0 :)

Great tool!
Holy CRAP! “300 bucks?!”
I’ll stick to Zspheres and Dynamesh…
You should target MUDBOZ customers… They have no base mesh tools and the program is like 20 bucks a month… This will help them afford your over priced tool…

Plus DAZ, MAKE HUMAN, POSER and Species for XSI had made me abandon realism…
Okay not abandon… Step my game up…

No disrespect… But you’re almost the price of our LORD and SAVIOUR “ZBRUSH” !

Make Human, Blender and DAZ are free with more options… Look into your PRICING

I know you probably meant well with your feedback regarding the price of the product but it still came across as negative and also a little naive.
Price is almost irrelevant, what matters with almost everything is value, if I spend my days sculpting people and it’s how I make my living then a plugin that reduces the time required for process or increases the quality might be invaluable and $250 is a no brainer.

If you’re saying that you have the time and skill to get the same results in a time which $250 makes it not worth while then for sure this product isn’t for you and that’s fine too : )

The one thing I would like to see though in order to let people see just how valuable it is would be a lite version for trial perhaps.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth.

the plugin you did there is really promising! i also noticed something lack : where is the pregnant version for female ? it’s important to have it even though it’s not used very often. :o

It’s certainly true that Jovon could have been less rude in his appraisal of the price for this plugin, but it’s also true that Human ZBuilder is competing with lower-priced alternatives. Both DAZ3D and MakeHuman are free and while their resulting meshes leave something to be desired, they also provide an adequate basis for sculpting a figure using a similar system of sliders.

I agree that a demo version would help in deciding whether to drop $250 for a plugin versus getting a similar program for free, however.

ArtMonkey - Firstly thanks for your input. I think we’re in agreement : ) It’s clear the value of having the functionality as an integrating feature of zbrush has some additional value if you’re are looking for such a product and that would/should play an important part in your decision making.
I’m not endorsing any of the products mentioned, merely providing an impartial perspective., I actually think the product is awesome but I don’t need it’s functionality for the work I do and therefore the return on my investment would be minimal, this doesn’t make it too expensive, it just means it’s not right for me :).

This guy has been kicking around since, I think, Zbrush 4r3. I remember seeing this when I first got into Zbrush (in 2007 or so) )Back then it was only 250$. I see how this could be beneficial for making “universal males” for say an animation STUDIO but to the average user that price is rediculous. It also doesnt help that he/she/it is using the same images from back then… sends up a red flag. And usually if a plugin is worth while, there is ATLEAST 1 person that gets it and gives their feedback and review of said plugin… I havent seen ONE review of this. This plugin is pretty old and for not ONE review to be out there, besides the video made by the creator, also sends out a red flag. 250-300$ isnt a small sum of money (almost 1/3rd of the price of the program its a plugin to). And, like someone said previous, there is free alternatives. Im not saying its a scam but it exhibits scam-like qualities. Gonna take more than some recycled Youtube video, that has been around for YEARS, to convince MOST ppl to fork over 250-300$. Just my 2 cents.

I asked him ages ago on another forum if he would provide a cheaper price for students, but he never replied. I would really love to buy this tool, but not at the current price.

http://www.makehuman.org/

Sweet! This idea came to me as well last year. I never got around to it due to career changes and all, but I knew someone else would think of it as well. Yours is much more detailed and specific than what I would have done. I was thinking of something in more general forms for a starter mesh at a lower price. But still, this is a great product!

hey just like to say i have bought this plugging and it is great. i don’t use it all the time but every now and then when i need a quick character base to build clothes/armour i use this. i freelance full time and time is money so there are times when a tool like this is really useful.

i personally don’t think it is to expensive. some of you seem to forget or not realise how long it takes to sculpt characters to this standard that is with out the scripting to make the interface and make the pluggin work in zbrush.

i have also used make human in the past and i have to say the later releases of MH are pretty shoddy the models in the current release are not very realistic or anatomically correct at all. so i would defiantly chose this over make human if only as a reference point for human anatomy

cardinalsin My sentiments exactly : )

I heard about a guy who became millionaire with an steak app, telling you when it will be exactly like you want under every circumstances.
He earned a Euro per sold app.

Same will be in this case: Millions of millions sold Human Zbuilder licences and he is swimming in money :D:D
But even when it would be like this. If one is smart enough to focus himself in freetime generating something like that, he deserves some extra income.

If there is something useful for my daily work, even if it’s just to have some more freetime with my family, I am considering the use - and pay or not.

I bought Human Zbuilder for max. After the second character it was paid off.
Would have been earlier, if there where not ZRemesher 1.0 spirals everywhere.
Imho something like that should be part of any character creation soft.
It really gives you a hell of possibilities just to play around in realtime to get the right feeling for your character.
Doesn’t matter if you overwork it completely or keep it as it is.

Makehuman was never an option for me. Too sticky.
Future tools do everything, character design, hair, clothing, rigging, animation.
That’s the way it is already, and it’s getting better everyday.

Some people don’t take criticism well. Nice tool, but price is always an issue, even for the wealthy.

@PSTCHOART outstanding work! I would like to get the 3dsmax version as a reference tool. I have a paypal account but not a credit card and dont see a way to just purchase through paypal. Maybe I am missing something. Any info appreciated.

Cheerio
Chris

discount price only 29 $ :wink:

https://gumroad.com/l/nOIKY#

does this work with the mac version of zbrush?

Yes it does. I purchased the plugin this morning, it works perfectly.

Was interested before. Now I can’t say no.
You are going to sell a lot of copies now.

Looks nice. Just bought it. Thank you.

UPD: topology could be better for animation software =(

Oh wow, only $29, reduced from $299! Thanks for the heads-up PSTCHOART, I just bought it now.