ZBrushCentral

How to Paint Eyes

Hi, just lovin ZBrush for the second time. I seem to be finding it a lot more intuitive this time but I still am a newbie! :wink:

I plan to paint the head using Polypaint, but I am stumped as to how to paint the eyes. If someone could explain in detail I would really appreciate it. I have not created a UV map as of yet as they say you can do that “After” you Polypaint.

Is there a way to create realistic eyes in ZBrush even after you have created two separate eyes as Subtools?

Thanks

Attachments

eyes.jpg

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=11852&page=1&pp=15

OK, I have found a tutorial and have created an eye material, but I cannot figure out how to apply the material in ZBrush. Should I apply this to a “Material” or a “Texture” and how would I apply this texture I made to a sphere?

If someone could help with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

The texture you created is obviously meant for spherical UV mapping.

If you select the Sphere3D and apply this texture it should wrap correctly. The particular method you use to do so would depend on whether you’re a PC or Mac user.

Thanks Aurick. I am on a mac. I can’t figure out how to wrap/apply the texture onto the Sphere3D? I don’t need an UV map for the eyes do I? I should be able to just somehow apply the texture to the sphere, Correct? I have looked everywhere for an explanation on how to do this. Please explain? :cry:

Please someone!

Please read the Mac documentation. It tells how to assign textures to models in the Mac version.

http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/

(PG 15 in ZBrush 312 Whats New PDF)
1. Before applying a texture, check if your ZTool has UV’s, by clicking on (Tool > Texture Map > New from UV Check) button.
2. In the texture palette, click Import and choose the texture to load from disc.

This is all I found and in Step #2 there is no "Import" button in the Texture palette so maybe this is an error in the manual. So I have not created a UV map for the eyes, but when I clicked on (Tool > Texture Map > New from UV) it added a texture to the sphere. So if I am correct, the eye doesn't have a UV map assigned to it but is just wrapping "Speherically". I also was trying to "Scale" down the texture so it fit better but I couldn't see any options for scaling textures in the Texture palette.

Please tell me if this is the best way to do this? I want to create eyes in ZBrush using the best and method.

I used MatCap White01 as the base. Is this what other people do. Will the shader export when I export the model. I guess I am just confused as to if people Unwrap their eyes or just apply a texture to them like I have. What happens at Export. Does the texture and MatCap export or just the texture? If someone could please explain how this is most commonly done and the Proper way to do this I would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

[toy_plastic_shader.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘155272’,‘toy_plastic_shader.jpg’,1,0))

eye_problem.jpg

Hi, I mapped my eye material onto the sphere but it is mapping wrong. I used PUV and then used a flat map but I can’t find out how to map “Sphereically”. Is there an option to map something sphereical or cylindrical etc?

If someone can explain how they add an eye material in ZBrush I would really appreciate it.