ZBrushCentral

Help with creating a startup macro with custom floor grid

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with how to create a macro where I can set a custom colour and fill for my grid in Zbrush. Every time I start a new project I have to adjust the grid colour as I come from a modelling background.

There was a mention a few years ago in the forum but the link given doesn’t point to an answer, I just get an ‘oops’ as the page has been deleted.

Appreciate advice thanks.
Gregg

Ps I do use the startup plugin so I’m hoping not to create conflicts with it.

I’m no expert on this but here’s what I’d do.

Set up your grid parameters in the Draw palette. Once done save the grid settings as a .ZGR file. There’s a save button in the Draw palette.

Create a macro to load the ZGR file. Just start a macro recording and perform the clicks to open the ZGR file (Draw:Open). Stop the recording and save the macro.

Run the macro manually each time you start or follow this link to set up a macro to run at startup

I just tried the steps to manually load a saved grid file and it worked. Have not gone beyond that.

There may be other ways but I’ll leave that to others to comment.

Thanks for the help. I’ve got a macro that works but i can’t seem to get it to startup. I looked through the thread you linked to and followed instructions but it doesn’t work on startup. Maybe a conflict with the zstartup plugin?

This is what’s in the .txt file for my default.txt -

//startup
[If,[MemGetSize,ZSM_MBlock],
[IShowActions,0]
[IFreeze,
[MVarDef,ZSM_MBlock,1]
[IPress,Material:plasticmat]
[IUnPress,Preferences:Lightbox:Open At Launch]
[IPress,Zplugin:Misc Utilities:Home Page]
[IPress,Macro:Macros:Gregg Custom:Grid Load Gregg]

]
]