ZBrushCentral

Help wanted! (Animal Creature)

This topic has been transferred to the: Community Forum.

Hello! First post and everything! But i’ll just jump right in here… :wink: I’ve been playing around with the demo of ZBrush for a couple of days now and i must say i really like the way you build stuff in this program!

However… my artistic qualities leaves a lot to be desired so i would like to know if its ok if i post a question about a work possibility? If not, feel free to delete this thread.

So… here’s the thing! Me and some other guys are making a movie here in Sweden. Its an independent production so the budget is low, but since we have most of the needed equipment (cameras, editing, lighting and so on), and connections to borrow what we dont have, it will be a high quality flick. We have done a couple of movies before as well (some with nationwide rental and shop DVD-release) so the experience and skill is there as well.

What we need 3d-wise are models. We can animate, render, edit, composit and all that but not one of us is good enough as 3d modelers. Although im working on it!

I’ll toss one of the models we need out here and see if any of you guys think it could be interesting to work on. See it as a challenge. :wink:

Description, “The Animal Creature”:
The Animal Creature is an agile and supernatural creature. In a quick glance it looks like a mix af a deer-fetus and a shaved dobermann. It has dark (semi-black?) skin and no fur. It usualy moves around on all four but can, without problem, stand on its hind legs when needed. It has probably evolved from a doglike predetor and has sharp meateater teeth.

Ok, how about that? The model will probably be animated in Max 6 and rendered with V-ray. As close to photorealism as possible is good. The possibility to pose it to a standing pose is needed as it will also be morphed into human form (and back).

We cant pay anyone for their work with this but the ones who make the models that go into the movie will of course get a big mention in the credits and a DVD with the finished movie.

I hope you think this is ok! I might post a picture of my own attemt in a couple of days. If i get any better, anyway… :wink:

Feel free to ask anything!

I cannot help, but I want luck and a lot of success!!:slight_smile:

Check out my work and if you like it maybe we can get something going.

www.inverted-design.com
Also checkout all my theads here.

I recently did a sketch of a doglike creature that I was getting ready to start in zbrush…

close or do you need something totally different? The head on this is more reptilian, and might not be with keeping with your order, but that is easily enough changed. Lemme know and I will wip up another head or creature…sounds like a fun project though for whomever gets to help.:+1:

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Hey,

I’m taking the night off work, and this sounds interesting so Ill see if I can come up with something. No promises that it will be any good tho :lol:

question.

why cant you pay :qu:

i am starting in to the world of zbrush… and i am trying to start as a free lancer here in Denmark…your porject sounds interesting…

Question? how fast do you need for the model to be ready?

well here is a pic of wat i can do, and maybe if my time fits with yours we can do something…

this is all work in progres, just for you to get an idea …
well wend me and email to find out something if you want
escualo_69@hotmail.com

Attachments

kaleb3.jpg

kalebtxt1.jpg

alien.jpg

Sounds interesting, and you just need people to model, then you will rig it up for animation. Your breif, throw a few instant ideas up, so i’ll see what i can come up with. THough I have an Idea, your gonna be flooded with offers.

I’d just like to turn everyones attention to the date of the original post. :slight_smile:

It’s over 2 years old, so I think it’d no longer be valid.

Always think positive :wink:

And Ron, why isn’t that sketch in the Main row?
C’mon post it! It’s fabulous! Best sketch in a while.
Really!
Lemo

lol…thnx…didnt realize it was that old of a post…lol…now I have to cry in my skim milk…

Lemo…thnx for the vote of confidence…I will probably post it in the main once I start getting a satisfactory model started of it…lol right now the models end up looking like a mutant squirrel or rat…but I am gettin closer to something useable.

Got a few more sketches to do also of some similar creatures…

well even if this is an old thread, it would be nice to here how his project is coming along or if they had to move onto something else.

creatively,
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Oh dear, got all exited for a moment. No it’s all gone.:confused:
has anyone ever got any work from these sorts of posts?

thanks for noticing … well, got a little excitet there… and i agree that will be nice to know what happend at the end with this guys…