ZBrushCentral

Greeble Pack Pro for Zbrush 4R7

Patpotlood thnx for the update.
I’ll try it as soon as I can.
For the moment it’s a little chaos here, due to terrorist attacs.

Stay Safe Over There!!! Dont let that Disease we call ISIS bring everyone Down Over there, thats what they want. Come Back Stronger and Take them Out.

This is just the early stages of a world war between jihadists and the rest of us.

I’m sure there are at least a 100 jihadists within 100mi of my home.

I hope to stop any attack where ever I am, and always carry a weapon.

Don’t be a victim.

Be alert, be smart, be safe…BUT be prepared to fight for your life and
for the lives of others!!!

In this Update I Optimized the Greeble Generator, file size is about 1/3 of what it use to be. Not to worry though, nothing was removed from the Generator but some random Tools I had in the Project File. Also Created 8 New Zscripts for Texture Generation. All Maps Zscript replaces Greeble Texture Passes Zscript, it runs much faster then the Previous one. Also included individual Zscripts for all the Maps, so you can Render just the ones you want.

Check out the Video Below about the Updates and a Quick Workflow on the use of the Textures in Substance Painter 2

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xsuuw6r4w-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen

GreebleProPack.jpg

Attachments

GreebleProPack.jpg

Many thanks Glenn for all the cool changes to this amazing tool and the video.

In this Update I Optimized the Greeble Generator, file size is about 1/3 of what it use to be.

Is this all included the latest download?

A few minutes later…
Was watching the video, and checked the size of the new downloaded Generator = 29mb.
Very cool, thanks. :wink:

I did this todayship front .jpg

Noahgome32 Greeble ship
I did this today

Great Stuff! Keep it up!

Great value!

It’s particularly useful because I’m making my first indie game. I need a large variety of ships in a short amount of time.

Learning Unity and C# is hard enough. This will increase my odds of actually shipping the game, so thanks for putting it together!

Jim,
would like to see a sample of your ships. :slight_smile:

Hey Glenn,
finally subscribed to Substance Live…all the apps for $20/mo. and own them after 16 months.
So many cool materials! Will go back to your tutorials on using it. ;):+1:

jamespthornton Great value!

It’s particularly useful because I’m making my first indie game. I need a large variety of ships in a short amount of time.

Learning Unity and C# is hard enough. This will increase my odds of actually shipping the game, so thanks for putting it together!

Welcome to the Greeble Club! Hope you Enjoy it! Feel free to Share your Results here, would Love to see them.

Hey Glenn,
finally subscribed to Substance Live…all the apps for $20/mo. and own them after 16 months.
So many cool materials! Will go back to your tutorials on using it. ;):+1:

Cool! I’m thinking of getting Live myself. Like to take my Greebles into Substance Designer and create a Substance out of it.

Always seem to go back to Basics. Tried another variation on my Skull with Greebles. May do a Tutorial with this one, show off some different Techniques.

Also some Cool News with the Greeble Pack! Platinum Games of Japan are now Licensed with the Greeble Pack to use on their Games, be Cool to see what a AAA Game Studio can do with it. They may send me some Shots in the Future on them using it in their Games, cant wait.

Go Check Out their Site Below

[https://www.facebook.com/platinumgames/

CyborgSkull2.jpg](https://www.facebook.com/platinumgames/)

Attachments

CyborgSkull2.jpg

the greeble king is back,
nice one again.
is this surface noise or displacement?

Patpotlood the greeble king is back,
nice one again.
is this surface noise or displacement?

Thanks! This one is all Done with 3 different Surface Noise

Cool modeling Glenn. :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

re: Substance Live…did you ever do any tutorials integrating ZBrush & Substance? I’m not getting anywhere
with Substance Painter. Their tutorials seem to assume working knowledge of AO, Normal, etc maps.

I’m having more trouble understanding & learning it than ZBrush, and suspended my subscription for now. :frowning:

megacal Cool modeling Glenn. :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

re: Substance Live…did you ever do any tutorials integrating ZBrush & Substance?

Thanks! Havent done any Tutorials recently, Plan on getting back into it though. Probably do one on the how I got the look for the Skull, I only used Zbrush and Keyshot for that one, but I may do a Substance Painter Version as well.

I’ve been investigating the use of Displacement as an alternative to creating complex geometry, with the goal of a finished 3d printed product.
I discovered Zbrush had one of the best displacement routines of any 3d program. This has lead me to take a 2nd look at Zbrush.

I have followed the entire Greeble pack for Zbrush 4r7 thread started by: gmp1993 aka Glenn M Patterson last year. Which has to be one of the most informative threads I have ever read. …Yikes!

I have a question: How do I export the Displacement map from Zbrush with the BLACK parts representing holes in the main geometry?

see attached pic:2016_07_22_9_50_15.png

1. left image shows holes through the geometry in Zbrush,
  2. right image Import into KS, has no holes.

A similar result of what I’m looking for is shown:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?191993-Greeble-Pack-for-Zbrush-4R7/page34

Post #496 & #498

voxilize exporting displacement map issue?
I’ve been investigating the use of Displacement as an alternative to creating complex geometry, with the goal of a finished 3d printed product.
I discovered Zbrush had one of the best displacement routines of any 3d program. This has lead me to take a 2nd look at Zbrush.

I have followed the entire Greeble pack for Zbrush 4r7 thread started by: gmp1993 aka Glenn M Patterson last year. Which has to be one of the most informative threads I have ever read. …Yikes!

I have a question: How do I export the Displacement map from Zbrush with the BLACK parts representing holes in the main geometry?

Thanks! Glad You Enjoyed the Thread. I’m guessing your not using the KS Bridge. That would transfer everything correctly to KS. Couple Workarounds, you could do a BPR to Geo to get your holes in it, then Decimate it and Export. If you want just a Texture to Punch a Whole in it you would have to generate the Texture Map of the Displacement then create a Opacity Map from it using a Graphic editor like Photoshop or Gimp. Isolate the Black Parts of the Texture and make the rest of the Texture White. Hopefully one of those will Help You Out.

Thanks for outlining the 2 options Glenn:

I had previously used both .OBJ export and KS bridge. I did not realize I also had to install the same Opacity map in KS, for the rendering to look correct… my bad!

WRT the 2 option: How do I turn on, Convert BPR to Geo in the Geometry menu?
I did a bunch of searching at you tube and at ZBC, without any results.

I was hoping perhaps of isolating the original geometry to a layer, and the displacement geometry to another layer

I have a large collection of CorelDraw geometry based vector graphic files I created years ago, which I could easily convert to B/W, rescale and save to *.tiff, most are already seamless.

voxilize, are you using displacement or are you using Surface Noise. Guess I should of asked that 1st. I use just surface noise these days, its basically displacement on steroids, once I started using it I never went back to displacement. Look at my later videos on YouTube, they all use Surface Noise.

Yes I did notice you used both surface noise and displacement. I did make an itemized list for both processes. But for some reason it failed to resister in my mind your preference for surface noise :frowning: … will take a 2nd look!