It would be great to have this one click button back in the pipeline.
It’s supported in ZBrush 2018.
Oh, then that’s the good news.
The bad news being it’s not working on my computer.
I updated to 2018.1 this morning, is there a thread explaining how to make it work ?
it’s not working …
any news ?
In november 2018 here is what Pixologic officially says:
With the release of Maya 2018, Autodesk has changed the scripting language used by the software. Since GoZ hooks into that scripting language, this change has effectively required a full rewrite of the GoZ protocols for Maya.
I totally understand how GOZ is not mandatory BUT when you are in Maya you tend to use the Maya’s sculpts tools instead of:
- exporting a part of your scene
- importing into zbrush
- doing your changes
- exporting your changes
- importing in Maya.
This 5 step process was such a time a savior when it was a click in each application
Please consider rewriting a goz for Maya pleeeease!
I found people with some solutions on Polycount:
Unfortunately, I upgraded to Zbrush 2019 today and no goz plugin at all in 2019 so I can’t even try those homemade modifications
There is an hidden file in C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush 2019\Troubleshoot Help\GoZ_for_ZBrush_Installer_WIN.exe
I am going to check in this direction
GoZ for Maya 2019 is being worked on. I don’t have an ETA but it will be released as soon as possible. For Maya 2018 and before, on Windows you can do a clean install like this:
- Locate and delete the C:\Users\Public\Pixologic folder and contents.
- In the C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush 2019\Troubleshoot Help folder, run the GoZ_for_ZBrush_Installer_WIN.exe file. This will rebuild the folder and contents that you deleted at (1).
- Start ZBrush and press the Preferences>GoZ>path to Maya button. This will search for Maya on your system and give you the option of installing. Make sure you choose the version of Maya you want to use (other than Maya 2019) and click Install.
This should complete the installation of GoZ for Maya. FYI, installation should copy three files from the GoZApps\Maya folder (in this example for Maya 2018):
- GoZScript.mel to C://Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/
- userSetup.mel to C://Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/
- goZMaya.mll (from the GoZApps\Maya\Maya2018 folder) to C://Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/bin/plug-ins/
If you still can’t get it to work, then let me know.
I made it work just before seeing your post.
But your post is much more straight to the point than all those forum links, so thanks a lot for it !
It now works between Zbrush 2019 and Maya 2018 ! Thanks again.
If some dev is working on GoZ, if someone can look at the scale problem it would be awesome. I work in video game where everything is bigger. When I go to GoZ my brush is insanely small (even at Draw Size 1000)
My work around is to scale my scene in Maya, but sometimes with rigged characters and everything it’s a little complicated
I know it’s an old problem: https://forums.cgsociety.org/t/even-at-1000-brush-size-is-small/1693011
But would be awesome to have a scale factor