ZBrushCentral

Gotham By Gaslight

Hi Everyone,

Here is a sculpt of a 19th century version of Batman as inspired by the graphic novel Gotham By Gaslight by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola. Here is the initial sculpt in ZBrush. Also its a chance to test out the new intuos 4 that I just got my hands on. Liking the feel of it so far.

ZBCTHUMB_01.jpg
[attach=150319]bats0001.jpg[/attach]
[attach=150320]bats0002.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

bats0001.jpg

bats0002.jpg

Great concept! And Great modeling!

Hey man, I’ve read Gotham by Gaslight. It’s really good and by the looks of things you’re capturing the essence of it perfectly in 3D! Awesome stuff.

Thank you for the encouragement. I am a big fan of Mike Mignola, though I will be putting a bit of my own spin on Batman. Here’s a closeup render of the face.

This is looking awesome! Great job sculpting the stiffness of the material. I can tell it’s leather or Naugahyde or something with less pliable. well done!

No crits atm. keep it up. :+1: :+1:

only one of the best batman GN’s normally overlooked, years ago i got mine signed by mignola and he was shocked to even see it.
i love your take on this so far and that you’re not trying to make it look like his work. interesting how that jacket looks like lobster johnson’s.

only crit i have is the goggles soft part seems too sculpted and not as antique to me.

Clean sculpturing!!! you can see the material even thou there is none… awsome…

This is totally wicked cool!..the model an the details on the eyegoogles look just great!.. I’ll keep my eyes on this thread for future developements. Though so far you’re definitely off to a great start. :+1:

Oh man you must finish this, steampunk batman:+1:

bats0007.jpg

You should enter this in the game artisans comic-con challenge they have going on right now, if you haven’t already.

Nice!!! Gotham By Gaslight is still one of my all time favorite comics. Mignola Rules… the style of Batman in that was just awesome and it looks like you’re doing a bang up job of sculpting it. Keep it up! :+1:

Very cool sculpt…love the model so far!

Looking great! Can’t wait for the final model :slight_smile:

Beautiful!

Thanks for the encouragements everyone. Starting work on the lower regions but I am not entirely happy with the folds in the pants, will need to work on it somemore.

Really cool model! keep it coming :smiley:

so how do you like the Intuos 4? I’ve got one as well for some time now, love to use ZB almost without touching the keybord hehe… though, coming from and Intuos 2, I don’t love the rougher surface… it’s eating really fast through my nibs…

AWESOME Batman rendition. You did a great job! :+1:

bats0009.jpg

Doing a little sculpting on the cloak, hope to be able start polypainting by the weekend.

Looks great. Maybe knee pads? Maybe a whip?