ZBrushCentral

General: When will the MAC VERSION of ZBrush 2 be released?

We’re proud to announce the upcoming release of ZBrush 2 for Mac OS X.

The award-winning ZBrush 2, a huge leap forward in speed, performance and technology, offers superb modeling, texturing and painting features which have benefitted from unprecedented code enhancements. New tools and options provide even more versatility in all areas, boosting the artist’s productivity and streamlining workflow in surprising ways.

Z2 is fast. It boasts handsomely optimized code innovations, combined with unique features, providing more power to create models with unparalleled detailing capabilities. Even medium- to high-resolution models respond instantly to sculpting actions, constantly rendered and shaded in real time.

Building on the freedom to sculpt high-frequency details with ease, Z2 offers revolutionary modeling, surfacing and texturing techniques, while intuitive controls focus these powerful resources on the creation process.

Z2 for Mac OS X will be released September 30, 2004.

Take a tour of Z2’s features

ZBrush 1.55b for Mac is still available for $399.00 and can be purchased online from the e-store at www.ZBrush.com. This price will remain in effect until Z2’s release, at which time the price will increase to $489.00. All registered users of the current version, including those who purchase between now and the release of Mac Z2, will receive the new version as a free upgrade. Z2 for Windows is already available for purchase here.

Complete instructions for receiving the Mac Z2 free upgrade will be published here and at www.ZBrush.com.

Mac Z2 files will be fully compatible with Windows systems, and vice-versa. Note that Mac Z2 is optimized to take full advantage of processor speed, multi-processing capability (if present) and advanced management of memory resources, which are only available in modern OSX systems. Therefore, older (OS9) systems will not be supported. Existing users of ZBrush 1.55b for older systems will be able to upgrade to Z2 when upgrading to OSX. ZBrush 1.55b will no longer be sold after Z2’s release.

I just place an order of the mac version :slight_smile: I hope it will be as great as the Z2 on PC I’ve sen :slight_smile:

BTW, you guys have done an amazing job on ZBrush. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Yong

All registered users of the current version, including those who purchase between now and the release of Mac Z2?

So, if I puchased zbrush last year… is is free?

so um… not to be picky here, but it’s Sept. 30th at 9:51pm and all I’ve heard are crickets.

Can anyone at Pixologic comment, give us an update etc. as to why we didn’t see a shiny new “Zbrush 2 for Mac now released, come get your upgrade here” page on their website today?

signed,

beaten down mac user.

ummm… (too)
October the 5th, now…
Could we have just quick news ???

Best Regards