Full-time Digital Art and Animation BFA Faculty position: 3D Animation Instructor
Location: DigiPen Institute of Technology
Redmond, WA campus (https://www.digipen.edu/)
· MFA degree in art or media related field.
· Teaching experience and/or demonstrated training experience.
· Extensive professional experience in art, not necessarily limited to computer/video games or animation.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
· Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in art or media related field.
· Relevant industry experience is desirable.
· Lecture and teach in a classroom setting on a daily basis.
· Teach fundamentals and advanced topics in character animation using Maya.
· Provide creative direction and criticism to students on assignments. This can include character animation research and animation blocking, and animation polish.
· Teach problem solving – students need to constantly strive via research to optimize, fix and enhance an effective animation production pipeline.
· Work closely with art faculty to develop an ongoing and constantly improving curriculum that reflects industry trends.
· Organize and manage time efficiently for multiple classes.
· Grade, critique and input assignment data on a weekly basis.
· Act in the capacity of an academic advisor for students.
· At least 4 years experience animating characters in the role of Animator whether for games or cinematic.
· Proficient in animating using Maya.
· A Reel/Portfolio showing animation, and 2d art skills.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
DigiPen Institute of Technology, a long-standing pioneer and global leader in the field of digital entertainment higher education, offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in game development, computer engineering, game design, and digital art and animation. The mission of DigiPen Institute of Technology is to offer higher education to those who would like to pursue studies and careers in fields of interactive computer technologies, which include graphics and real-time interactive simulation, and provide highly qualified personnel to the interactive computer industries to sustain their growth and productivity.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For a complete application, please email a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a link to your website.
Please e-mail submissions to Jazno Francoeur at email@example.com with subject line “DigiPen 3D Animation Instructor”. DigiPen Institute of Technology does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national/ethnic origin, sex, or age.