ZBrushCentral

Frollo- The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Hey everyone, I actually haven’t posted here before. But I wanted to share my latest finished project with you.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame has always been one of my favorite Disney films, so when I joined a mentorship with Raf Grassetti and Glauco Longhi in 2018, I knew what I wanted my project to be. It began as a bust, but as my skills evolved, the scope of the project expanded and here I am in 2022 finally putting him out into the world.

My aim for the project was to reimagine him with a more realistic costume for the time period (although a lot of creative license has still been used). I have always been obsessed with cathedrals, medieval time period and the aesthetics associated, so it was so much fun to dive into reference gathering and trying to find the perfect design to fit the ominous look I was going for. Choosing Peter Capaldi as the likeness was a no-brainer, and if they end up making a live action version of Hunchback, I think he would be a perfect casting. This was the first likeness I’ve attempted which presented a lot of huge challenges and although I’ve taken some liberties with certain features, it was a blast to try and achieve the right feeling to get his personality across. I had a ton of influences for this project including Assassin’s Creed, classical paintings from Rembrandt and Van Dyck, classical sculptures from artists like Bernini and Carpeaux, and many games and movies.

You can find more images on my Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/colleen

22 Likes

THAT IS VERY VERY GOOD WORK

2 Likes

Hi Colleen and welcome to ZBC. Outstanding work :clap: I love the animated movie too and I think Peter Capaldi would be perfect for the role of Frollo :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Masterful

Outstanding. You really have captured both Peter and Frollo.

Faveolus. Keep continue your good work. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community!!
Fantastic work! The likeness is truly spot on!
Thank you for sharing!

Amazing first post @ColleenPeckLarson :star_struck: Welcome to the community :slight_smile:
Jaime

Excellent! Perfect likeness. :+1: