ZBrushCentral

Free ZBrush Video Tutorials from Glen Southern

Post edited.

I had problems logging in, but works now. Thanks for the efforts people. Greatly appreciated.

I downloaded OK !!
Thanks Glen and Kurv!!! very very didactic
Andreseloy

Folks, if you have ANY problems logging in, please as I have said :slight_smile: email me at kurv@kurvstudios.com we will get you in without a hassle.

Thanks! Glad everyone likes the tutorials.

Very nice tuts. Much appreciated. Looking forward to some C4D tuts as well. (signed up for notification). No problems registering and logging in.

First off: thanks a ton for this arsenal of tutorials!!

But, while I can have a sort of preview for some of them (stills), no matter how I try - I can’t download one single zip. I get the box asking about where to save or what to do with the file, and then the whole process hangs.
And hangs.
No feedback, so I have to cancel the process.
Happens on left click, happens on right click >save target…<.

Well, it is still early in the morning down her, so I'll try my luch in the afternoon when I am more awake then now:D!?

EDIT:
same thing (no feedback trying to download a zip) on Southerns site.
Anybody having the same probs??
(I do know how to download a zip - at least yesterday it worked, just like all the years before:confused:!?)

EDIT II:

Norton System Works: just cancel “System WORKS”!!
Installed it yesterday in the evening. Deinstalling brought back the full download capability of the system.
My apologies to Kurv and Southern!!
You NEVER know!!

It worked ok for me second time around because apparently after having the same email address from since the beginning of the “internet” I have yet to learn to type it correctly…hahaha dohhhhhh.

In any event some folks might misunderstand the login because of the page you are led to after receiving conformation. If you are having trouble…the first box that comes up…there are three and forgive me I have old fogey syndrome and can’t remember the names of each at the moment…but the first box already has a number given for it…leave that one be and type in your email addy then your password–given in the email conformation in the next two boxes…and in you should be…unless maybe you are using Aol or whatever other “known” problems Kurv mentioned already.

Kurv…I would recommend that you make that first box…one that you cannot enter info on…this will help alot or make it unseen…whatever…I think it’s confusing to folks who fill out forms all the time and are used to it…first instinct is to input your username even though in this case…that first box needs to be left alone.

Thanks so much for the free Tuts! Registered just fine… downloaded and now I’m off to watch!

Thanks again,

wenna

PS-- had to come back and say that these are the best videos! I’ve really learned something! Thanks again!

COOL~!
The tutorials is very great.
I love it very much.
And I want say thanks.
I want to learn a head modeling but this video tutorials is better than
the text tutorials.
I love it , thanks.

Glad you guys got something out of them…!! :smiley: Thats what we like to hear.

@Kurv:

about “…what we like to hear!” >>> making tutorials is a time consuming task, and I am sure that everybody that is looking for material that helps to learn a certain software will be thankful that somebody took the time to do those things. No exception here.

But: would it have been that hard to use a kind of English that not only would make folks from Staffordshire jump for joy?
Would it have been that hard to put the microphone to an area out of reach?
And, while it is neat to see the UI that Mr. Southern uses - how about giving the “students” something they might know already: the STANDARD UI? This would not lack complexity??
To explain maybe a bit better what I mean: five minutes of watching Mr. Alvarez or/and Mr. Meier on a video from Gnomon will show exactly what I mean.

Now, and just before the shooting starts: I know that making tuts is quite a task, and even if I would not understand a single word that Mr. Southern recorded - there would still be some stuff that you can get from his tutorials, got to be thankful for this - and I am!
But, these tutorials (add the ones for Silo) could have been quite something else if anybody would have told Mr. Southern how to do it right (like Gnomon, i.e.).

Thanks for reading.

‘…But: would it have been that hard to use a kind of English that not only would make folks from Staffordshire jump for joy?’

I’m not sure what you mean by this. I’m from Staffordshire & Mr. Southern is not from round them there parts judging by his accent which, for my money, is a damn sight more pleasing on the ear than a Midlands drawl. But perhaps we should insist that any profits he gets from the videos go towards elecution lessons so that he can lern proper talk loik wot we am dooin. Come on! Mic technique is one thing. But questioning someone because they have don’t speal RP? That’s not on.

simesf

That’s the neat thing about forums: making friends wherever you go!

@Simesf: if you try to see it this way: imagine Mr. Southern would have been asked to make a tutorial for some people.
Ok, I am sure that he would have asked something like “…why only for SOME, my tuts are for ALL people (interested in a certain kind of software)!”.

That’s just about it: I am fortunate enough (no native speaker) to understand most of your language, plain English. But when it comes to something mixed with dialect and statics from hitting and/or plopping into the mike - I DO have some problems. Now take somebody that has more problems with the language: she/he would be very fond to have a narration that is loud enough in all parts (adjusting the volume to the voice >>> better not, the plopping, hissing mike will deafen you!), and is spoken in a way that you do not have to get used to.

Like I said earlier: simply do not listen to what is said in the tut >> just watch and improve your skills!
Ok, but with a bit more care…!

Mr. Beeblebrox, no offence was intended towards you at all. It’s just that, while you may have a point about the microphone placement & technique, I automatically jump to the defence of anyone accused of having the same accent as me. Tell you what, here’s a few smilies to put things right…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

simesf

Striking back :D:D:D:D I am glad to say, that I had not been offended at all!
Allthough I had supposed more “patriotic” reactions - it is still only to the matter of how tut’s should/could be, and where the difficulties for Zulu’s like me (I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ZULU’S, I LIKE THEM A LOT, SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE ZULU’S!!!) might lie.
And, not to forget >>> I carry my towel with me, even now!

Just goes to show you, no good deed goes unpunished. I truly do not understand why an artist who is trying to help the community is met with such rudeness and hostility from certain people.

These tutorials were test for us and Glen was nice enough to allow us to give them away for free.

If you have something against Glen, it would be more professional to simply email him directly. If you want to promote Gnomon, start a new thread and don’t hijack this one.

I do not think that this entire thread belongs on to this Pixologic/ZBrush forum. The hint to free tutorials is appreciated but any post after this should belong to the Kurv forums. I think this thread should be locked!

Cheers
LemonNado