ZBrushCentral

few basic questions

Hello Eric, thank you for the message :slight_smile:
Yes i plan to release all these plugins soon , it will be three separated product, or the full toolset.
There is a module for all kind of Artists, the RENDERER module that automate works for illustration/rendering purpose.
Another module ā€œTEXTURERā€ to manage fast workflow for tileable texturing work, with all tool you might need to feel comfortable
The BAKER module will handle all baking purpose, obj batch export, batch renaming etcā€¦ all managed into one unique workspace directory. and i try to add export tool from within Zbrush, like this feature :

the short video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enkc0tL_gxg

it generate a mel script that popup on screen you just slect it and paste it into maya or even maya LT script editor, then it load everything :wink:
The baker already works perfectly using the Zbrush algorithm for normal map displacement map etcā€¦
Soon Substance batchtools will be supported.

There is so much more, the core module should resolve all files that you can output using the baker/texturer/renderer module.
including open active subtool in your favorite OBJ editor, which you can define on your own and depending if you want to open low, high, or cage model.
I am working hard to make all this being very smooth and clear and very simple and with all kind of level you would leave and use any other tool in your pipeline, that 's the philosophy :slight_smile:

it will be hard to list all the features, it not just one product :wink:

I will looking for some beta testers if you feel you would like to join and help me to get some feedback or nice images , i will add you to my beta list :wink:
i consider to sale each module separately and one full package with both modules, at some point i need beta testers that could provide feedback will try to kep it simple, a survey to fill, a trello board to note and comment each function, a forum to report bug, and if somehow the beta testers could provide some work to help on to promote the toolsets that would be fantastic.
In back you get ta full commercial version of all the toolset, then all update for free, with full support, and all my gratitude :slight_smile:
not only that, it would help to save to much time in your creation process.
I am open for suggestions, if a tool is not efficient enough or need to we improved /revamped, i like challenge, so i like to get feedback.
I share a lot on polycount , sorry the post is a full mess outdated information, but it hard to maintain the doc at the same time the plugin UI changes every day and some functions are still not added. so i will take time later to update properly that topic :

I get in touch with some people at donā€™t nod studio , and at allegorithmic, trying to have nice people involved int that adventure :slight_smile:

Hey Marcus
get confuse to create something dynamic on the UI
i just have a disabled button where the button label must to match a VArLoad (string)

to get the Var, i use a routine call,

but well , when update my Var it doesnā€™t update the Button

how can i do that without to IClose the plugin and reload it ?
Probably i missed something :frowning:

Concerning the Toolset it progress well i am close to have an acceptable version for the beta tests.

i got my answer :
it not possible to change dynamically a button name, without to reload the script completely.

finally i got a new question ;p

ok i just save some resource from my workspace manager section of my plugin so i got this :

the problem is that when i cancel it instantly open the file dialog again, which should simply Exit but doesnā€™t happens

[VarSet, saveMaterial, [StrMerge, workspacePath, "Materials", backslash, currentMaterial, ".zmt"]] [If, ( [FileExists, saveMaterial] = 1 ) ,//commands //-1 CANCEL // 0 NO // 1 YES [VarSet, overwriteMessage,[MessageYesNoCancel, "The File already Exists, OverWrite ?" ,"Are you sure?"]] [If, ( overWriteMessage = -1 ) ,//commands [Exit] ] [If, ( overWriteMessage = 0 ) ,//commands [VarSet, saveMaterial, [FileNameAsk,"Material(*.zmt)|*.zmt||", currentMaterial ,"Please rename the Material File..."]] ] [If, ( overWriteMessage = 1 ) ,//commands [VarSet, saveMaterial,[StrMerge, workspacePath, "Materials", backslash, currentMaterial, ".ZMT"]] [VarSet, err, [FileExecute, [Var,dllPath],"FileDelete", saveMaterial]] // Delete this file... [If,err , [Note,"An error occurred.",,2] //,//else //[Note,"File deleted",,2] ] ] //,//else //[Note,"No file to delete!",,2] ] [FileNameSetNext, saveMaterial] [IPress, "Material:Save"]

I have got some more, i am polishing right now, im almost done with it =)

2 short questions first before the main issue i get and that is really the major issue i need to resolve.

1. How to reopen a plugin palette after the reload of the script ?
[Iclick ā€œFile:ZGameToolsā€,1,1] works but not when i use it after the Zscript:Load
for example it work in macro, delay it doesnā€™t resolve the problem

2. How to prevent from the user to unpress a switch button ?
ex : you got three switchs if you click on the only one that is enable
it will disable all the three switch which could generate other issue with the other function of the script,

So i see numerous of switches that canā€™t to be disabled, how to do that ?
Enable the Second switch work well , but only if you have a Set of two switches, not with 3.

3. Switch Buttons that resets mysteriously !
i am not capable to reproduce this bugs it happens often but i am not sure

All Switch element gets their [Enable, ā€œinterface:pathā€] set properly.
You are working with like Two plugins.

you set stuff from the first plugin ( like prepare the batch obj export), than use the second plugin , for example to open the current Subtool that was exported into a different editor
, then you do what you have to do ( uv work for example) and then you get back to the last plugin used, and reimport, and it works well
But Next you come back to the first plugin you worked with, and at the first click you do on any switches/buttons, it will reset all Switch status to default.
so you must to set the switch like you want them to be again.
i can to prevent exactly when it will happen, but i canā€™t to say what could generate this.
The same problem happens on both modules ( the baker, and the core module that make the exchange with the appropriated file editors)

More detail :

I have such of button paths"Zplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Export Meshes:Selected"
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Zbrush:Render Options:Selectedā€
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:SBatchTools:Render Options:Selectedā€

ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Export Meshes:Visibleā€
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Zbrush:Render Options:Visibleā€
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:SBatchTools:Render Options:Visibleā€

ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Export Meshes:Allā€
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Zbrush:Render Options:Allā€
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:SBatchTools:Render Options:Allā€

even if i add them this way :
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Zbrush:A.Render Options:A.Visibleā€
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:SBatchTools:B.Render Options:B.Visibleā€
ā€œZplugin:ZGameTools Baker:Export Meshes:C.Visibleā€

iā€™ve got bunch of other duplicated name that has different paths, and i tried with no more duplicate button name and
nope still the switches that are reset to default.

Other tracks I had investigated:- check every tooltips, if any illegal characters could break something, like ( ā€™ and , )

• i have a supalette name Zbrush, and another button ā€œZPlugin:ZGameTools Baker: Render:Zbrushā€ .
    which i change the name to be sure its not the faulty.
  • i tried to Add [Exit] when the processes are completed, butā€¦

None of them workedā€¦

EDIT
Concerning the switches i had produced the issue into a very basic plugin
check the Gif here :

http://i.imgur.com/mg1EkdD.gifv

The Notify Me is a simple [Note,ā€œtextā€]

so I tried that :
http://pastebin.com/vXnUYYSB
or that :
http://pastebin.com/VW7XYZ8s

It should be easy to spotlight what is causing this, but really i canā€™t to find :confused:

i tried to unistall all plugins, or i tested out with the x32 version that has no plugins installed none of them worked.
i also tried to delete c:/users/documents/ZbrushData/ nope not works :frowning:
I even try to make a IExists on the switch before to unpress them
VEry last detail i notice now
matcapt baker, or nicktools acts exaclty the same, but not Nanotile_helper, is ok ?
i felt out of idea, itā€™s possible i am not the only concerned

IF you Can shed your light,
hey i forget to ask you for something, would you like to join the beta test ?
i have people from donā€™t nod, and some guys form allegoritmic in the party, join us Marcus :wink:

i found how to fix that s*** issue, really weird to save all switch state and using the sleep mode :confused:
especially because i got 163/165 switches to save their stated ( all modules) even more because i donā€™t really want to appyl that to the maps selector for the bridge with the psd editor
if i apply that to all switch even the map selector. I count a total of 248/250 switches which would be a huge work if i consider all of them :confused:

what happen if the sleep mode use a variable name that collide with another script that would use by coincidence the same name ? ^^

what happen if the next render i run after have setup m preferences and then i switch to another plugin, then come back , have in mind the setting are still the same, but none of every switch are visible because tey are into closed subpalette. Is the code will execute like it was before it reset or it will match the switches states that the bug has reset ?

Sorry i need to get some rest now, sad day :confused:

i share a code sample that show up how to setup the plugin to remember the Switches Status.
This is a point that would need a tutorial, probably i will make one later, but at the moment, i still have one issue if someone can help to fix it. i really donā€™t understand what is going wrongly.

here is the code :

So there is 3 sets of switches, both status should be restored, but it restore only the switch set i am clicking onto when the sleep code awake
i put the code on pastebin.com because it simpler to read the code than from here.

http://pastebin.com/QTw4aZPx

mrduongonline1 The second material is a material loading properly normal, but if I try with a MatCap from materials such MatCap Framer01 boot, it works

I have no idea what you are talking about.

hey Marcus, Dargelos, Eric !

The Beta Version is Ready and packed. :wink:

I am looking for some beta testers if you feel you would like to join and help me to get some feedback or create images with the toolset , i will add you to my beta list.
unfortunaltely i can to afford a way to make a public beta, so it private access only at the moment.
I promise your life in Zbrush is a way better and save you so much time on the organization
and time you could push on art instead of painful routines :wink:

Probably i should Send you a private message instead , not sure anyone will read this topic.

Iā€™d love to take a look at your plugin, though I shanā€™t have a lot of time for testing as I am crazy-busy at the moment. :slight_smile:

Hey Nicolas!

Iā€™d love to help out! Feel free to PM me a link or shoot me a email > ericblondin@hotmail.com or skype > eric.blondinbuzz

I sent you all is necessary !

Love you guys :slight_smile:

Joseph, Ignacio, Nick come on guys B)