ZBrushCentral

few basic questions

hello to all respected seniors
well i have a problem in zbrush (perhaps few)

1.in zbrush ctl+z works fine in premitives objects sculpting,bt when i import maya obj file ctrl+z doesnt work at all i have to go edit n click on undo button shortcut doesnt work in obj files bt works well in premitives like sphere etc.

1. can i draw straight line in zbrush like in ps by holding shift?? i know we can in projection master but i want in overall work

2. after watching a tutorial they said if you want work in maya normal maps then dont use pinch brush it has issues implication in maya normal maps . is it??
    is there any avoidable brushes for maya normal map??

waiitng for kind response thanx in advance

Regarding question 2, yes you can, but you have to click down before you press ‘Shift’ key.

Also, don’t forget that you can also use Stroke>LazyMouse>Backtrack>SnapToTrack>Line.

oh yeah thanx alot sir for kind support it really helped
btw still waiting for other two solutions :smiley:
really fed up of undo option :frowning:

can some one help me out of this undo option problem ?? need help :frowning:

There was a problem with Ctrl+Z not working properly when version 4 came out, but it wasn’t just because of .obj imports. Try the following and see if it works.

1. Go to the Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\HotKeys folder and open the StartupHotkeys.txt file in Notepad.

2. Add the following lines to the end of the file:

[EDIT:UNDO,634] // Ctrl+Z

[EDIT:TOOL:UNDO,634] // Ctrl+Z

[EDIT:REDO,890] // Ctrl+Shift+Z

[EDIT:TOOL:REDO,890] // Ctrl+Shift+Z

1. Save the file and restart ZBrush.

yes yes it worked :smiley:
thanx you again sir for spending some time on my request :slight_smile:

Your welcome gandhi420. I’m glad that worked for you. I don’t use Maya, so I can’t help you with question #3. Sorry.

no problem sir that problem is also solved to some extent , i tried pinch on different objects and it worked properly in maya so far its ok :slight_smile: