ZBrushCentral

Featured Member: Sebcesoir (Sébastien Legrain)

Great!

One of best Zbrush artist here.

Congrats

Alan

Thanks for the interview Seb and… new stunning Master Piece in this thread…!!!
When you can… tell something on the new games that you are developing… :smiley:

Ciaooo! :wink:

Congrats on the interview Seb mate, well deserved and I was particualry happy that the riddick sculpt got a metion it has always been one of my favs. Hope the game goes well. :wink:

Wayne…

Good to see you are doing well mate! Rock on! :+1:

Great interview, incredible work!

Some questions I have for you that I didn’t see on the inteview.

Do you have a clay or other traditional type of sculpting background?

When you build your meshes in other programs (before zbrush 3 was out) did you build simple quad meshes, or ones with clean topology based on edge flow?

Do you use zspheres now?

Great work and great interview Seb. Congrats man!

-Kris

Great interview! Nice guy and an amazing artist.

Bryan Wynia
MY BLOG

Well it’s about time!!!

So many cool things have come out of your twisted mind!!

All the best and we all eagerly anticipate new stuff from you. :wink:

Great interview, great new works.
All the best!

Ralf Stumpf

Great interview from a great artist and beautifull new images as well.

HI Seb, as many just to say than I love your works, already impatient to see your new products.
Continue à tout déchirer !! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much guys!

Wombal: now I only use extrnal programs to get my base shapes. Clean based of quads> I prefere to tweak my proportion in zbrush, on my high res model, that will also affect my low res.

Ncollings: for the armor piece, the base polycount is 127 points, the high res model at level 8 ends up at 1.836 millions points.
I started this piece at home, with a 3ghz pc, 2 gig of ram.

For my Zrifle-2, there’s a massive amount of poly, and even if my pc can handle it, its close to its limit…
With arund 15 subtools, the polycount rise up to 63.842 millions polys…
I’m going to add a scope, it’s support and some straps, it might reach 65 maybe…

Great interview and thanks for the workflow insights Seb!

Seb,
Thank you for taking the time for this interview. 4-5 days for a complete facial sculpt! Boy o’ boy you set a high standard! I was wondering, when you get some time if you wouldn’t mind sharing your technique on your hard edge modeling: like your rifle. Its a beautiful piece and it would be a blast to see your ZWorkflow on such an item!
Thanks again!

great interview, very insparation artist.

Always great to see your work and to hear from you. Your armor piece really blows me away. I sure would like to learn a thing or 2 from you!

Peace,

NickZ. :slight_smile:

Hey seb,

The skull is very very nice!!! Always nice to see your stuff…
Hope everything is going well in Brisbane, look foward to work whith you again somewhere in the futur…

Math.

Hope so man…:+1:

Yeah, I’d have to definitely say thanks a lot for all the great Tips, I’m going to try and apply them when I start working on my reel this next term, great interview.:+1: