ZBrushCentral

...far, far away from work... Character Art~

Hey guys, thank you very much for the comments.

skullmonkey : Thanks man. The wings were the only thing i did model in 3dsMax, polymodeling.

muchlove106 : I’ve used a pretty straight forward process, using dynamesh + zremesher, UVmaster and max to render. I’ll post some workflow shots later.

And here is the final presentation for the Insect Warlord.
I got really inspired by a video of Ben Mauro scene concept/look dev workflow, then i tried to do something similar ( considering i’m not a good 2D illustrator ).

Would like to thanks Annex Labs for the amazing challenge, and thanks all the support and tips from my closest friends.

higher res at http://marianosteiner.com/2013/08/29/warlord/

insect_warlord_beauty-shot_final_low.jpginsect_warlord_maxstrip_low.jpgtoy_render_00_low.jpgtoy_render_01_low.jpg

I hope you like it!

Attachments

insect_warlord_beauty-shot_final_low.jpg

insect_warlord_maxstrip_low.jpg

toy_render_00_low.jpg

toy_render_01_low.jpg

love the insect warlord big bug fan

Just awesome, good luck!

Pure awesomeness! Love it.

Beautiful work i love it!

Fantastic! such a badass design well executed.

Wow:p officially my favorite zbrush sculpt ever made.

why is this not top page is better than the Nightwraith - DragonFly

thanks guys, really appreciate the comments.

Error 503 : Thanks! But please don’t say that lol. The Dragonfly guy looks incredible insane :slight_smile: A top row would be cool, but i don’t really care for that anymore, i’m just happy to share my stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is some new shots.Zb_strip_low.jpgCloses_shot_low.jpgColor_shot_low.jpg

Attachments

Zb_strip_low.jpg

Closes_shot_low.jpg

Color_shot_low.jpg

I agree that the insect warlord should be in the top row!!! Amazing detail and excellent render!!!

thanks remcv8!

toy_render_00_low.jpg

Attachments

toy_render_00_low.jpg

Outstanding model. Must be in top row for sure

Such a cool looking creature! well-done :+1:

Thanks guys!
Here is Samurai Shodown’s Tam Tam final shot.
This is the game-res model rendered in Marmoset Toolbag.
It has 59k tris and textures designed to work with next-gen phisically based shading.
Thanks guys for the amazing challenge, super fun!

more shots/ better res at : http://marianosteiner.com/
Tamtam_standing_final_low.jpgTamtam_battle_final_low.jpgTamtam_nomax_final_low.jpg

Attachments

Tamtam_standing_final_low.jpg

Tamtam_battle_final_low.jpg

really one awesomastic work in the series of samurai showdown been playing him a lot …samurai showdown the best …yep tam tam is awesome …one thing only to say he wields a huge blade and i feel the blade size has been compromised…but that is not a flaw…coz your work is just flawless…as i always say keep em comin

Turned out awesome!

thank you guys!2.jpg

There is something that I’ve always wandered and wanted to ask. For example now that you are probably done with the insect warlord model, what do you do with? I mean besides making it part of your personal portfolio, what else do you do with. Do you like just save it and leave it somewhere stored for your records or what?
If you will find the time to answer my question I’d appreciate it. Nice job on the showdown character definitely top 5. There are some really good entries for that challenge.

error: Yes man, all goes to back up. Afterall these personal stuff serves as a stair to grow as an artist. Sometimes you can use things as basemesh for other projects, or someone wans to print it…but mostly for back up and portfolio.

Yey!
got 1st place on the Warlord Challenge with my Insect dude.
Really happy for that. Made my day!
Thanks everyone involved, Zbrushworkshops and annex labs.

cheers!insect_warlord_beauty-shot_final_low.jpg

Attachments

insect_warlord_beauty-shot_final_low.jpg

Congratulations, it’s one awesome character you’ve got there !