ZBrushCentral

Fantasio's Sketchbook

Hi, I´m partially new to zBrush as I purchased my copy a few weeks ago and am constantly learning.
My background is 2d Illustration in Photoshop but I was always dabbling in 3d with Sculptris, blender, Mandelbulb3d and occasionally zBrush for testing.

Now that I took the plunge, I see a lot of potential in the tool - even though I have to say that I´m generally a 2D artist, that means, I will never get as far and detailed as others will be - because I know I´m way faster painting and retouching in Photoshop.
However, my aim is to get as good as I can be in order to get more knowledge in 3D-printing and eventually for conceptart-jobs - although, I´m not depending on that.

Below is my first “real” rendering using a Genesis3 basemesh from Dazstudio, which then was imported to zBrush, rendered in Keyshot and finally put together in Photoshop. And yes, it is inspired by Brom and Anthony Jones somewhat :wink:

Hope you like.

Attachments

Here is a head study, trying out polypainting on face and eye. I´m just exploring the possibilities of zbrush here.

Result of a late night Zbrush session of afaik 2 hours.

This is the final, post edited work. Not finished in the sense of detail or technical, but rather from a rendering and post-editing -point of view. At the geometry-stage there is still lots of flaws but I´m still learning and am somewhat satisfied with my second rendering here.

Way to go :wink:
Hope you like,

one-man-army-small-web.jpgavatar-soldier.23-web.jpgavatar-soldier.22.jpg

This creature design-commission for Ren Garcia and the League of Elder was a lot of fun to do.

Menk-work-landscape-final2-smallest.jpg

If you want to see the whole process, this article covers quite the complete creation of the creature design including the matte painting around the creature:
http://www.fantasio.info/2017/02/the-menk-creating-creepy-creature-in.html

My sketchfab can be found here:

I hope you like!
Thanks for watching!

Attachments

menk-landscape-comp1.2-small.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-19 um 23.35.13.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-16 um 08.17.49.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-15 um 13.41.21.jpg

mk-sketch-concepts-small.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-19 um 15.23.54.jpg