ZBrushCentral

FAN ART Ellie from The last of us

Beautiful and very inspiring!

Xoli : Thank you very much, glad you liked it!!
JL-Art : Yah I think the pose really help making her feel more alive, thanks!
MattSkinny : you could definitly see this as an exercice, or an hommage, really liked the work of Michael Knowland on this and really felt in love with the character.
been working on getting better on likeness for a while and I just felt like really giving it a try and was interested to see how far I could push the exercice.
I know some people didn’t like me reproducing the model. Anyway glad you liked it :slight_smile:

Hi Marie, this exercise is great! Likeness is definitely one of the toughest things for me to sculpt, so I can understand if your having the same issue. Part of what makes it easier for me to sculpt likeness is having good reference. Can I ask what matcap your using for the grey turnarounds? Thanks and great work!

~M

Myselfsama : hey! I’m actually using the basic ‘‘matcap gray’’ from zbrush on those one hehe

Hah, wow. I feel like a noob. Not sure why the matcap feels so different lol.

Simply Amazing!

artiedee Thanks!!
Myselfsama hahaha that’s allright, I don’t remember about those specific renders but sometimes I composite my render in photoshop in the end using different matcap to get the effect I want. Maybe I did it for this one and that’s why you couldn’t recognize it :).
But I know that for sure the base of this one was made with the basic matcap gray

I just thought I would share,
I made 2 little video tutorial about this character on youtube.
This one is an overview of my zbrush pipeline and is answering some question I got ask quite a lot
<iframe width=“853” height=“480” src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x6z-iaAx1P4?list=UUKlNB0dpR1BK0y-JRh6Ju7Q" frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>
This one is an overview of my texturing pipeline inside of photoshop
<iframe width=“853” height=“480” src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sGN7Wby2thk?list=UUKlNB0dpR1BK0y-JRh6Ju7Q" frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope it can be helpful to some of you guys!

Well done with face expressions! Nice poses!
Again, thanks for sharing your creation process! Keep it up the great work Marie! :smiley:
Cheers!

Just figured I could post the ‘‘remastered’’ version of my fan art I made for a Naughty dog contest and
to match up with the release of the Remastered version of the game on PS4.

Cheers, hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

That’s a really nice render Marie.
Can you tell us please how hard was it to remaster the new version of the game? For the textures, did it mean just replacing the textures with higher pixel count ones from the originals? And about the lighting, was that very difficult to do for the remastered game?

dillster Haha sorry for the confusion :slight_smile: this is a fan art of The last of us. I made. This is not actually the real model or anything and I do not/did not work at naughty dog :slight_smile: I can’t tell you anything about it haha!

awesome facial expression Marie!
she just like ellie to me, great achievement

mariempepin wrote: dillster Haha sorry for the confusion :slight_smile: this is a fan art of The last of us. I made. This is not actually the real model or anything and I do not/did not work at naughty dog :slight_smile: I can’t tell you anything about it haha!

Whoops sorry for that mix-up Marie. Your work is even more excellent as fan art.

you did capture the essence of our character very nicely

Thanks guys!
Appreciated :)!

Really cool work :+1: