ZBrushCentral

elfufu ORC resurfaced mesh

I meant to ask you about this when I saw it the other day. Very cool, I really like the subtle secondary form in the upper chest. :+1:

effin a dude :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: nice work miguel. great to se the wireframes.

i used this meathod the other day and it worked out great. the only difference was that i resurfaced my mesh in maya then exported a level 1 and 2 smoothed version into xsi and used shrinkwrap deformer to wrap each to the 150k zb model. it takes only 10 minutes!!! i then re-imported the new versions and did a uv transfer on both levels from the new wraps to the crisponding levels in the old mesh. also ther is a new script in for maya called fitVertices. its faster than xy but still less accurate than xsi.
ill send you the model pics later

anyway i could stare that orc all day. the extra details sure do make the piece.

hey monkeymuscle, this new script, is it much faster than XYwhateverwrap? :slight_smile:

cool work, nice workflow. the face is looking cooler now. give him some shoes

yo mark, i’m just starting to get into XSI, you’re going to have to give me a little demo on that shrinkwrap deformer in there. I’ll have to pop over to gnomon sometime soon.

so they say but its still slow… XSi is the way to go so ive heard by many…
i just realized i use one at work and another at home…cause im too lazy to install it in both… :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks josh and Mark D…josh i will get back to you on that email shortly i was just super busy the past week working on this dude…

Good work mate, one of the best orc monster i’ve seen. If i was you i would have used Subdiv instead of smoothing the whole mesh, but it looks real great, specially like the gears and stap. 2 week to make this ? you must be working on crack :D.

Hey you also helped me on cgtalk once, i was under an other name.
Many thanks

Actually you may want to try the blender Cvs builds. The ABF unwrapping tools create islands that have no overlapping. However they are odd shapped so you have to manipulate the uv’s a bit with live unwrap in it. I managed to unwrap a character in 2 hours with hardly any distortion! You might want to check out cgtalk. I have a journey begins entry there, and you could see my unwrap process somewhat there. I learned a lot during the contest, just haven’t had time to work on it. One more week of school! Any questions about unwrapping in blender you can ask me!

i hate subd surfaces in Maya… the verts are not on surface. wish it were like xsi or max…
good ol polys for me…

I love the fact that this isn’t a huge hulking Orc, great proportions and anatomy.

Interesting workflow, I’ve just started to dip into this simple low res to Zbrush workflow (using MetaMesh’s demon as inspiration that it can be done), could we see your mesh prior to re-surfacing?

the meg prior to resurfacing is literally a solid blue color since it was divided to all hell… so nothing very interesting… unfortunately… my mesh before that was literally almost identical to metameshs. in terms of simplicity…it was so simple it was shamefull :slight_smile:

sweeeeet

Ah, well if it was THAT simple then I get the idea. :slight_smile:

Amazing that people can go from cubes to realistic creatures with this tool.

Wow, I don’t know how I missed this! Really amazing character you have there. I look forward to seeing your progress :slight_smile:

I think I got pretty decent results in Maya 7.0, when I brough in the level 2 division mesh from zbrush. This was a 15 k poly mesh. With a normal map it has the same overall appearance as the 1 million poly high res mesh. This is because mose of the major details where on the first few levels. Granted this was my first zbrush attempt. SO there may be even better ways of doing this.And with sub-d’s it should be even better!.It does have limitationsfor close ups though. You may need a higher division model level with normal maps for close ups. Plus I was using software renderer for speed reasons. 10 seconds renders on :smiley: a dual xeon old computer.

[orc_render1.jpg]

some updates, still needs Bump...I have no time to work on this guy anymore...Im working on some stuff for Gnomon Workshop. I wish i had time to finish but been busy busy busy.. hope you like it. Cheers M

What is the final surface on the alien’s eyes going to be?
Looks great!

decided this alien has no place in this thread so hes gone… sorry :frowning:

besides this thread is about the orc… :cool: he was gettin jealous

Its kind of like an old Roswell alien. :smiley:

he’s jealous of his bewbies

who said its a he? DUH! :stuck_out_tongue:

hi elfufu

i’ll pre order your Gnomon workshop Dvd if it’s about your texturing

techniques…