Interceptor Print Prototype
Hi my name is Sebastian Schade and I’m a Senior Artist at Yager in Berlin and here we have some of the meshes I did for the game Dreadnought. This is actually not a game asset but still… This one was done for a printing prototype of one of our ships in the game. The base was inspired by one of our levels and the emblem on the front of the base I used an existing high poly we had but changed it a bit and adjusted things for printing. The ship itself I pretty much did from scratch with the game model as reference and concept by Michael Oberschneider.
I used 3ds max for rough shape blockouts and the rest in ZBrush using Live Booleans, Alphas, Zmodeller to name a few. Live Boolean was quite new when I did it. It is such a powerful tool and made things much easier to cut pieces, keep things non-destructive and preparing to be send out. I Rendered everything in ZBrush as well.
Will be posting some asset highpolies I did for the game in a different thread I think.
My ArtStation in case you like it