ZBrushCentral

Drawing and Drawing with a mouse - which hand do you use?

Thanks for all the replies guys , as I was expecting a high number of people are naturally left handed or once were and now mix between both worlds as a way of adjusting to the forced change. I think its shows very well that the theory that I’ve presented on my first post is quite significant .

Thanks for everyones input it has been great to here your opinions and stories.

Btw as a matter of interest for some people, in conern as to an answer to why in past years parents have converted there children from left handedness to right handedness , I think its intersting to point out that apart from the majority of the population writing in with the right hand the left hand is percieved to be some what evil or generally frouned upon more so in past times.
For example in when I was small my mother told me to always sleep on my right side as to keep the good angel which resides it.
There is also anumber of sayings such as:
" Right hand man"
And the fact that at formal dinners the ohour guest always sits on the right of the host.
All I think the words left and right in latin and french , to my knowledge have negative meanings towards the word left.
Interesting is’nt it…it would be intersting to know where it all started why and how the left hand has such a bad name in society :)?

All the best and happy holidays

Kircho

I’m sure some theories would say it has something to do with ablutions and accepted practices for eating without utensils :stuck_out_tongue:

Drawing with a photo up-side down. NOW that one I have to try. I can see where that would FORCE a person to look at things differently, whereas with the photo right side up, you know it is a head, and you have knowledge of what you put in the head. But with it upside down, you have to think and work at seeing the details (even the minute ones), and this does force you to use the artistic side (since what you are seeing does not make sense to you). It is probablly a better techinique (or equal) to negative space drawing.

Many Blessings

A little dyslexic point of view. First, I am naturaly drawn to flip through magazines back to front. When I carve stone, I hold my chisel with my left hand and strike with my hammer using the right. All my CG work is right handed. But as I was reading through these posts, I was also thinking about how I model clay(plastacine not the CG stuff :wink: ) I know for a fact, that I use my left hand to create the majority of the detail and surface(models are almost always very smooth). Now thinking back to my stone carving, which hand is really doing the work (detail). Yeah, my right(dominant) hand is the driving force, to remove the stone, but if it were not for my left hand in part directing that force, I would likely smash my piece into pieces, hahaa. I have been told, that at a young age I had no preferance for either hand, and that one day I just chose one. I am bad at writting left handed, but there are just certain things I can do better with my left, than my right.

I have heard Lucifer aka the devil was left handed and that may have something to do with sitting at the right hand of God…so I guess maybe the right hand was righteous or something…or higher prestige in the heavenly hierarchy. Just some thoughts on the subject.