ZBrushCentral

Distance - The Peacock

Distance is a project that I have been concepting for almost two years. I had some design ideas and metaphors in mind and started a visual bible around it.

It might eventually become a movie, or something else. In the meantime I would like to share some of the designs with you guys.

This is The Peacock. A lost soul who lives an apathetic existence with his partner the Sphynx. In their luscious spire, they eternally reproduce the same dispassionate dance.

Most of the concepting for the asset was done in Zbrush, while ultimately retopoed in Maya. The final mask and concrete parts where also done in Zbrush, using baked displacement for details.

Cheers,

Eddy

54 Likes

very cool, thank you for posting all of these images.

1 Like

Carpet textures are amazing

1 Like

That’s quite a unique character @Bittergrey, I’m left wanting to see more :+1: Amazing details throughout.
Jaime

1 Like

Thanks Jaime ! There will be more coming : )

Love all the expression you were able to get into the mechanical pieces of the eyes and face! Really nice bronze-y texture too :+1:

1 Like

Great work, love all the fantastic details and materials : )

1 Like

Fantastic and original! Great work on this piece

1 Like

Again, beautiful continuation of the concept :sunglasses: :+1: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!!!

1 Like

Very cool story and design!

1 Like

Good

1 Like

Such beautiful work on materials and design!

1 Like

Great work

1 Like

Love the texture on the armor and can just imagine the sound of it on a stone floor

1 Like

Wow ! Strange and beautiful, stunning character design ! Great textures and small details, too.

1 Like

I know I’m a few months late to the party, but as a metalsmith, I wanted to say that the verdegris / copper oxide that looks like acidic corrosion made me want to break out some baking soda and #0000 steel wool to scrub it clean before the damage is irreversible.

The flaked-on mud is also great, but that isn’t as damaging as the green funk. GREAT WORK!

The metal looks like a well-oxidized brass (copper alloy) as well, so that’s just perfect.

1 Like

This is amazing! Can I ask what software you used to render?

1 Like

Congratulations on being featured in the new Substance 3D showreel/trailer!

1 Like

Love your work! How do I get to post my work on zbrush central?