ZBrushCentral

Digital Character - Emmanuel

Hello! I finally dared to finish this personal project and I feel mentally ready to show it now :slight_smile:
more renders > https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8elgXO
Main inspiration has been “NATAAL” Magazine cover I randomly spotted in a Waterstone library back in 2018 when I was living in the UK.
Fell in love with the shot and the subject (Emmanuel Adjaye), took a couple of pictures and moved on from there! (but started this only sometime before the lockdown) and yes, when I walk around and see something stunning, I take pictures just for inspiration or to do some art out of it, eventually.
It is not a likeness per se, but the Magazine’s photo had a huge influence on this job. No scans were used for the modeling.
I used Arnold render in Maya for the final result, hair done with xGen interactive, and used some xyz maps for the fine skin displacement.
I know the are tons of things that could be improved and refined… I’ll take this as a learning lesson for the next one!
Thank you Camilla Guerrina for feeding me while I worked late hours on this (and for your precious feedbacks).
#3dmodel #3dart #3dportrait #zbrush #mari #substancepainter #digitalhuman #cgi #vfx #maya #arnold #rendering #xgen #art #marvelousdesigner #animation #character #digitalart #artstation #hyperrealism #face #sculpture #texturingxyz #lighting #cinematic #texture #render #photorealistic

53 Likes

Looks great!!, :ok_hand:

1 Like

This is incredible. The details you manage to give to the skin are unbelievable!
Fantastic work :clap:

1 Like

WOWzers!

1 Like

thank you! that’s also thanks to xyz displacement maps :slight_smile: But did a lot of sculpting on top of that too

Spectacular Pietro! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you so much Jaime! I really didn’t expect this, and thanks for all the exposure you guys are providing, I am super honoured and grateful. Couldn’t ask for more!

Amazing work! :+1:

Amazing , super powerful character!

1 Like

A fabulous result :+1:

1 Like

Great work : )

Wow, amazing work!

1 Like

I love the aesthetic of this one! Very cool

1 Like

amazed!

1 Like

Awesome job !

1 Like

Amazing Work hands down, the skin texture is gorgeous and the hair design is off the chain. A true Motivational piece, no doubt. Thank You very much.

1 Like

One of my favorite renders and works; really really nice.

-Joseph

1 Like

Thank you everybody, you made my day :slight_smile:
It is beyond awesome to be inspiring to some other fellow artist!