ZBrushCentral

CTN Animation Expo 2012 Recap

NEWS UPDATE: FROM THE SHOWROOM FLOOR

Once again, the Creative Talent Network was a bustling collection of over the top artistic expression and networking opportunities. Guest speakers included some of the biggest names in art and animation. In case you missed us, be sure to mark it on your calendar for next year.

This year’s CTN Animation Expo saw the Pixologic Team, along with a group of industry pros, showcasing the latest ZBrush tips and techniques. For three days, the likes of Akin Bilgic, Alvaro Buendia, Bryan Wynia, Danny Williams, David Igo, Derek Pendleton, Jared Krichevsky, Kevin Garcia, Kurt Papstein, Michael Defeo, Seth Thompson and Stefano Dubay barraged the crowd with a clay slinging overture of epic proportions.
It goes without saying that Booth B-52 was never short of spectators.

Again, special thanks to all the artists for their contributions and relentless pursuit of art in ZBrush.

Now, enjoy this quick recap!

EXTENDED FEATURE
As an added bonus, our buddy Kurt Papstein has prepared a recap video of his two day demo covering everything from sculpting, painting, lighting and rendering inside ZBrush. Be sure to check it out and keep your eyes peeled for the Pixologic Team at future events.

CTN PolyPaint Demo Part 1
In Part 1, Kurt narrates over his entire presentation at the CTN Expo 2012. Follow along as he breaks down his process.

CTN PolyPaint Demo Part 2
Part 2 sees Kurt dive deeper into the BPR Filters and Rendering system inside ZBrush 4r4 P2.

Tentacle Head Concepting Part 1
Check out part of of Kurt’s conceptualizing phase, where he shows us how to use Dynamesh to quickly block out the shape and form of his sculpt.

Tentacle Head Concepting Part 2
Picking up where he left in part 1, Kurt continues to design the figure with amazing quickness. Watch as he incorporates DynaMesh functionality.

Tentacle Head “Roughing Out”
Once he has the full body shape, Kurt takes you through his roughing out phase and demonstrates the application of some quick sculptural detail.

Tentacle Head layers
Falling in love with the look of your character can have its disadvantages. Kurt demonstrates an amazing technique by adding different movements with layers , achieving fresh anatomical designs for this beast.

Thanks for posting this up Z crew! This is why this is my favorite place to come and see and learn about great art. I love the way I can create art in this program…and I really enjoy this art community…so thanks to all the guest speakers for sharing with us all!

Peace-NickZ. :slight_smile:

I second this! awesome videos and presentation, thanks guys!
:+1:

thanks pixo and kurt very nice vids :slight_smile:

Thanks for the vids!:slight_smile:

the last video is a very genious idea you did there ! thank you for this trick ! :smiley:

thanks for sharing, watched it all and learnt alot. The timelapse video was really inspiring to

:+1: Great! Thanks for sharing the event and the tips!:laughing:

Thanks pixologic and Kurt Papstein for these grate videos
I´ve learn a lot about bpr filters !!!

These are very helpful and great to watch. I like the way your clearly explain while you work. Would you mind adding a few pointers as to how you worked with layers on the last video here? What tools and selections did you use to make these kind of stretches?
Thanks in advance.

Great!!! Thanks for taking the time to put together this recap, very inspiring and motivating!!
@Kurt: awesome demo :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: