ZBrushCentral

Cthulhu child

Watch the Image Breakdown Stream

Hi guys, just want to share this cute Cthulhu statue I did recently. I did the base texture in Zbrush , materials in Substance Painter and all the renders and video are in Marmoset, I hope you like it !

Thanks!

31 Likes

Welcome to ZBC!
This is beautiful work. Love all the little details and textures.
Greath job and thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Great sculpt! I like the paint job here too. Thanks for posting those vids :+1:

1 Like

Incredible first post. Probably one of the best Cthulhus I’ve seen. Nicely done.

1 Like

Nicely done @Giorgio_Palombi details and textures read really well. Welcome to the community :wink:
Jaime

1 Like

Welcome to ZBrushCentral! :slight_smile:

always love to see some Cthulhu. great work!

1 Like

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Love you already <3

A very cool monster. Where did you get the idea from?

Thank you OSTWID,
being a fan of Lovecraft, that’s a model I have been wanting to do for a long time.
The main inspiration comes from the pages of the story, on the internet you can find thousands of different interpretations of Cthulhu, I tried to take the best and avoid the most seen things.
For example, the build I did is very humanoid and the pose more similar to a gargoyle (he should have been sitting, according to the story).
I took inspiration from photos of octopuses and marine animals to imagine the particular transition between head and tentacles, the movement of the folds is thought to recall something radial, almost arachnid, to give a sense of threat and repulsion, while remaining relatively elegant.
Finally I texturized as if it were a living thing and not a simple statue, although I am preparing an alternative version colored in dark green with gold veins.

2 Likes

Very cool Cthulu

1 Like

TOP ROW! DAJE!!! :grin: :laughing:

1 Like

I love this!

1 Like

Like my late mama used to say …“A sitting Cthulhu is a lazy Cthulhu.”
~ My way of saying i like the pose!

1 Like